Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

We need a new SERIES here for the FJ

Garage
Country Flag
south_africa
I only posted this here because the FJ is built on the SWB Prado platform :shock: :shock:

I must admit I am in awe at this vehicle, the more I drive it the more it impresses me

It pulls like a freight train - this motor is light years ahead of the indomitable 4500EFI

The NVH damping is awesome - the car is so smooth and quiet on the road that a friend with a ML Mercedes Bendz says its better than the ML

My only criticism is - when using the cruise control IMO the auto box kicks down too early and accelerates too hard.

Luk Wot Faddah Kiesmoes Left in My Driveway

DSCN0643.JPG
:D
DSCN0642.JPG
:D   :shhh:
DSCN0644.JPG
:D   :clap:
DSCN0645.JPG
:D   :dance:

When I win the Lottery :pray: one will be mine, all mine :thumbup:

Seems you might need to update your sig line Keith :mrgreen:

Hmmm. Very tasty. Are they available to order in UK? And, are they any 'good' at the rough and tumble?

No and yes are the short answers! Dint think they're coming here, and the Americans love them off-road!

The more I drive the FJ the more in awe I am :o :o
on the road it is awesome - 200kW of power, smooth, quiet, handles well, no body roll, just exceptional.
I havent taken mine off road yet, but Toyota South Africa held a special launch for the Land Cruiser Club of SA, which I attended and we all had a chance to get them stuck or break em (try 160kph in 2nd gear) :clap:
At the launch, after the off road sections, all participants including myself, were completely blown away by how capable it is in standard trim off road.

If they are not coming to UK - what's stopping you from importing one (RHD) from SA

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
keith richardson said:
If they are not coming to UK - what's stopping you from importing one (RHD) from SA

If they had other colours then it might be an option but cost would be the killer. The SA price converted is still not great and then you'll have import tax on it :(

Paging Mr-T UK. Paging Mr-T UK.

UPDATE - MODS to the FJ

I have just returned from a 2 week trip to Germany, Switzerland and Italy
I am very surprised at how many LHD FJ Cruisers I saw as I wasnt aware that they were being imported into Europe
In Germany I saw 3 - In Switzerland I saw none (not surprising the Swiss are all boring) and in Italy I saw 5.
:clap: :clap:

BTW - update on my FJ
Now fitted;-
Aussie Long Ranger Tank 120ltr (+75Ltr OEM = 195Ltr)
Mickey Thompson MTZ'z Tyres
Mickey Thompson Wheels
Tough Dog 45mm 9 way adjustable shock with 2inch Lift springs
Gobi-X BullBar and Spotties

Work in progress:-
Fitting National Luna Dual Charger with Optima Yellow Top 75AH (major undertaking as the power steering oil reservoir needs to be moved by over 800mm)
ARB compressor - for tyres.

DSCN0666.jpg

24d026c6.jpg

a1e7ec1e.jpg

a50ab4b2.jpg

e5d7ad6a.jpg

6be26b75.jpg

Keith - see you got the same suspension setup as I have :lol:

Did you go with after-market UCAs?? If not, do you get any tyre rubbing on them?

If you do decide to go with other UCAs let me know - may join in on some snake racing or similar!

Cheers

Hi Gazza

Unfortunately I had to do the body mount chop modification for the bigger wheels and tyres to fit
Did it in an afternoon in the workshop

Wow! i love all above showed toyota car's and i am doing hardwork in my company to collect down payment to buy toyota car, plz hope all of you that my wish will complete as soon as possible.

I can't like it yet, there is some thing about the rear side quarter that just seems wrong.
Not saying I wouldn't like one, but I would'nt buy one.
Undecided.jpg
Gra.

Saw these in Hawaii a few years back (or something very similar) on a Cisco gig. Still not sure if I'd have one, but it's kinda growing on me. Bet they're only available in Petrol??

+1 on the rear quarter, seems like it should either be all window a la Surf or nuffink a la hummer.

Back