Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well here it is my LC

Andy200

Country Flag
uk
Right i managed to spend a few hours on her today so i put the suspension on,took the bull bar off and a few other little jobs.

As she went in

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

As she came out.

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

And can anybody tell me if i need these spacers in the recovery point as i don't know if they were just there to get them a bit lower than the bull bar.

IMG_2608.jpg

Very nice indeed Andy :icon-biggrin:

As for the spacers, I say not. They do more harm than good, you need to run the forces as direct to the chassis as possible.

Do you intend fitting a winch?

It's also better to have one each side so you can spread the force of a snatch recovery to each side of the chassis "ladder" evenly. It greatly reduces the risk of shearing mounting bolts or tearing out captive or welded nuts.

Cheers Clive . That was my thinking i just thought i'd ask first. As for a winch yes at some point when the bank balance is a bit higher. It's a shame as i have a Warn 9.5 CTI in the garage but i wanted one to fit so you can't see it.

Cheers Clive . That was my thinking i just thought i'd ask first. As for a winch yes at some point when the bank balance is a bit higher. It's a shame as i have a Warn 9.5 CTI in the garage but i wanted one to fit so you can't see it.

Yes, the first decision to make is (i) whether you want to hide it and retain the classic look of the truck as much as possible; or (ii) to do away with the OEM front bumper and replace it with a winch bar.

There's more options with (ii) and the next decision would be a discrete winch bumper bar, or "bull-bar" type such as I have.

IMO, mine was the easiest route to take, with more options, but I've lost the classical appearance :thumbup:

Last edited:
I think i will be making a winch bumper Clive As what i don't know yet.

This is one i made for my Defender.

Bumper.jpg

Oh my, that's neat and looks beautifully made.

I paid through the nose for an ARB bumper, and of course, 8 years on, it's rusting and... and ....

Very nice indeed Andy :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks a lot cleaner/tidier and much better IMO but, don't start sullying the thread with Land Rover pictures please! :icon-biggrin:

regards

Dave

Is that LR bumper electroplated or something then ? how does that compare to galvanizing cost wise ?

Yes mate it's electro plating with a gold passivate in. It's been on my LR for a couple of years now and it's slightly lost the gold but no corrosion but it is no where near as good as galvanising. As for cost I get it done with work stuff so very very :eusa-shhh: cheap :dance:.

Yes mate it's electro plating with a gold passivate in. It's been on my LR for a couple of years now and it's slightly lost the gold but no corrosion but it is no where near as good as galvanising. As for cost I get it done with work stuff so very very :eusa-shhh: cheap :dance:.

I like that price... :eusa-shhh:

I fitted a 12000lb winch behind the factory bumper no probs.

Cheers worth looking into i guess when i make my bumper .

Limo goes into shop, gets changed and comes out as a truck..:thumbup: Looks good straight away Andy, well done..

Back