Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well I certainly wasn't expecting that!

Sorry to hear Chris but it seems things are looking up already! Best of luck with seeing how the new venture pans out.

That is a bummer mate, at least they waited until after your holiday!

Results day to day so hopefully something to celebrate with the family :pray:

Thanks again chaps. We'll see what emerges. Tehre certainly plenty of opportunities in my field, it's just finding one that I fancy for now. I might look at some short term contracts. 'Do the do' then get out

I might look at some short term contracts. 'Do the do' then get out

That is the world I'm in - The flexibility that it gives you certainly rates very highly!

Gutting to hear that Chris, sounds like you'll land on your feet though.

Have fun with the trailer bearings and road trip round Scotland :icon-biggrin:

Had a very pleasant day pootling around doing stuff. Didn't start the bearing but have fitted NATO hitch to the Lux and my new Escape Gear seat covers. Tomorrow feels like bearings. Then at the weekend I'm doing my compulsory CBT for my bike licence.

I could get used to this. However, heard I am through to second round of interviews already.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Heres hoping you're back in the running quick smart. Best be whizzing through those workshop jobs while you've the chance.

Absolutely. Might just swap the gearbox over in the grey one.

Sorry to here about the unplanned turn of events. But I am jealous that you have had the some Chris time.

Its very easy to get used to time off, still got another week off before I start back, been enjoying Devon this week and lots of cream teas :icon-biggrin:
Got loads done to the 80, jobs at home and family trips.
Out laning next week.

Sounds like you might not be off too long mate.

All the best Chris - and I'm sure you'll be sorted out quite quickly.....a man of your calibration, and all that! ;)

It's becoming just a part of work life nowadays - I've been through it twice in the last 4 years. You just have to see it as the norm......onwards and upwards eh? :thumbup:

Good luck Chris. Looks like your particular cloud has a silver lining.

Sorry to hear the news Chris. Hope you have better luck with the next one.

Id have invited you on my trip if i knew you had the time. Ill be hanging around Austria for a day or two if you'd like to catch up :)

Yes, good luck Chris, always look forward never back. Something much better awaits Im sure

Thanks again guys - Reinhard, I'd have loved to, but I have so much going on that I've barely time! I did my motorbike CBT today. Got my theory and mod 1 & 2 tests booked already.

Gonna get me an adventure bike!

Sorry to hear about the job.

I hope the adventure bike is a KTM. There are quite a few different bikes to choose from at the moment - generally all good as well.

Bike and Ride magazines are the two that I'd recommend for reviews of kit, potential trips and bikes.

Motorcycling is a brilliant hobby.

Not going to be the KTM. Most likely the Triumph Explorer. But that's some way down the road yet

Not going to be the KTM. Most likely the Triumph Explorer. But that's some way down the road yet

That is a serious Adventure Bike - its even heavier than my BMW 1150 GS Adventure :shock:.

08091902006.jpg

In the Slovenian Alps, 2008 :icon-wink:.

DSCN7274_zpsf6nx5ahn.jpg

Forest of Dean, Feb 2017.

I 'got the bug' in 1964, today I have three bikes on the road and three 'Restoration Projects'. Be careful Chris, its a long, slippery slope (but you won't regret it) :thumbup:.

Good luck with your interviews

Bob.

Cheers Bob. I am sure it is.

Back