Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Went to look at

Nice but a lot of miles for the money , mind you D4D with lots of service history :think: if it ticked all my boxes as a keeper i wouldn't let it go .

Not worth 4.5k imho, with the paint tyres and compressor I wouldn't go above £4K myself looking at the advert

But if it ticks the right boxes for you non of the issues are that difficult to sort or hugely expensive. My compressor sounds like a bag of spanners but works ok over the last few years. Whats it like underneath? rear axle top link arm mounts rust out from the inside, does the rear diff lock work??

Didn't get to look underneath Mark, hadn't been there 5 mins & it pi55ed it down & not sure on the diff lock. It's not far from me so might go back for a better look, mulling it over in the grey matter at the moment.

I think there are smarter looking D4D's out there at 4K.

I agree. Its too expensive at £4500 imho. You should be into 2002 territory for that, plus its done 171k. Yes, fully historied, but still done 171k.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I always though a dealer was required to provide some sort of warranty (even a short one) i.e he is the professional and we are the nitwits who buy off them. I didnt think 'sold as seen' is applicable by dealers.......

Irlgw your right there,dealers have to give a warranty now by law min 3 month.

Helen's truck was overpriced but i decided 500 quid doesn't buy much these days and i would rather waste it on something i know i want rather than save it and end up buying something else and regretting the decision . I know now it was at least a grand overpriced but no regrets because it's a keeper and you don't fix the same thing twice on a cruiser in the same decade .

Digital dash clocks told me it was D4D , did the facelift 1kz have a different display from earlier models ?

Irlgw your right there,dealers have to give a warranty now by law min 3 month.

There is no such requirement.

However, a trader cannot escape their responsibilities under the SOGA by putting 'sold as seen' or anything else . It's not quite as simple as that though, i.e. if you paid £500 for this truck when the market value is £4k ish then obviously you can't have the same expectations as if you paid full market value for it with regards to condition.

IMO never engage with a trader that tries to pull that.

Does look nice though, MOT has a mileage discrepancy in it and I'd want to investigate the fuel pipes that got advised as being corroded (may just be a harsh tester, could be about to burst etc)

Back