Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Western Sahara - 2015

Charlie

Country Flag
indonesia
I’m off again to the Western Sahara in a couple of weeks with Paul from Onelife Adventure, ferry booked Portsmouth-Santander 25/2/15

Have a good one :thumbup:

I always like to leave it until later in the year, off there early Sept, as there is no risk of too much water being around then :thumbup:

I always like to leave it until later in the year, off there early Sept, as there is no risk of too much water being around then :thumbup:

There was flash flooding last September but mostly across the Atlas

Have a good trip Charlie

There was flash flooding last September but mostly across the Atlas

Have a good trip Charlie
Yeah a couple of friends were there last year when the rain hit........

I hope to go as well later in the year, maybe October

:dance: have fun!
Thanks guys

Need pre-trip/preparation photos!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
agreed, we must check you and vehicle and properly prepared for the good of the forum :D don't want anyone shown up by a green oval

How much beer have you packed?

Need pre-trip/preparation photos!

Not much to report regarding pre-trip/preparation really. After the truck was shipped back from Iceland it then sat on the drive till December, I then took it for a quick trip to Overland Cruisers for a service and a few outstanding jobs to be done. The main jobs were full service, front callipers overhauled, new pads all round, a couple of prop UJ’s, a shock absorber and a new set of tyres.
9d5ed005318bd88f444e5d4b078cf8da.jpg

Last edited:
agreed, we must check you and vehicle and properly prepared for the good of the forum :D don't want anyone shown up by a green oval

How much beer have you packed?
Beer…….. don’t worry, all I will say is I have sufficient stock.:icon-wink:

Back home again, 5376 miles in total. No issues with my truck, didn't even need to to up the engine oil or water......
Photos will follow when I get round to downloading from my camera.

Not a trip report, but rather a few photos and the odd comment.

Due to bad weather in the bay of Biscay, Brittany Ferries decided to cancel my ferry......... meaning the long drive through France.

Dover
i-5rhgqWS-M.jpg
i-SvrBBsP-M.jpg

Looking from Spain to North Africa
i-vvZ6vdH-M.jpg

Driving towards the boarder in Ceuta
i-Zdmvwkg-M.jpg

Once in Morocco we headed south on the toll road
i-Jp7W7qJ-M.jpg
i-9jDmvcn-M.jpg
i-NqBFspj-M.jpg

Finally in the Anti-Atlas
i-Wj3DgzS-M.jpg
i-HR6Lmsd-M.jpg

i-P856XsP-M.jpg

i-Wzt6GNQ-M.jpg
i-b5gtBkb-M.jpg
i-DDj3sVN-M.jpg
i-zQ3Lbm2-M.jpg

i-7FnnP6K-M.jpg

More to follow

Looks great thanks for posting.
Why were you behind the landy? You should be infront as of all the parts falling off.
Stu

ooo that ascent in the last photo looks good might have to hunt that one down one day :D

A few more........

i-WXmqt4c-M.jpg
i-pxjw2HQ-M.jpg

i-4MqX3Tb-M.jpg
i-HVmsrPF-M.jpg
i-sxPKJ6q-M.jpg
i-ctqw7wv-M.jpg
i-mcK8GNX-M.jpg
i-RZFZwQH-M.jpg
i-SDhFDjZ-M.jpg
i-7pcSmMz-M.jpg
i-KfxcXmT-M.jpg
i-rDCzLLq-M.jpg

i-DSx5w5S-M.jpg
i-spNBB4p-M.jpg

Attachments

• i-WXmqt4c-M.jpg
    i-WXmqt4c-M.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 89
  • i-pxjw2HQ-M.jpg
    i-pxjw2HQ-M.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Looking good, great to see the vegetation and flowers, recognise some of the locations from my trip there.

wow its so green, I've got to do a spring 4x4 trip soon, I miss snow on the mountains and the colour and vegetation

All the rain they had late last year / beginning of this year made has it very green with lots of yellow and purple flowers, almost to the point where it a different place.
wow its so green, I've got to do a spring 4x4 trip soon, I miss snow on the mountains and the colour and vegetation

Back