Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What Winch??

L18 CGL

Garage
Guys some advice needed finally got round purchasing a winch and was pretty much set on the Goldfish 9.5 but have recently noticed the Come Up DS9.5. Can somebody throw their 2p's worth in to help me choose. I know a few of the guys here are running the Goldfish and speak very highly of David and the aftersales service?

Thanks Campbell

I've just bought a 9.5 Goldfish and very pleased with the service from David et al. I've had a cheapie winch on another truck and was never truly happy with it, a lot depends on what you are looking for in a winch but David Bowyer hasn't gained his reputation for nothing. The Goldfish is a good starting point.

Last edited:
I have both. Well actually I have one Come Up and two Goldfish. The Goldfish get worked very hard off road and the Come Up looks very nice. I don't really intend to use the Come Up to be honest, it's on my overland build. But I have been to a test day with them and they were very good indeed. Or I wouldn't not have bought one. Where I think the Come Up scores in in the surface finish. I am hoping it will look good for years. But, what I cannot get away from is the utterly brilliant service from David and the availability of parts,, next day. 'What's the best winch' is impossible to answer. I think that under real use conditions, the finish on the TDS or KingOne as we know it is, is poor. But you don't pull out stricken Landrovers with the finish do you. Best winch for the money, performance and support has to be the TDS Goldfish. For, that is, what I'd call a pay and play winch. I am not involved in comp winch challenges, so I can't fly the flag for things like Milemarker etc. But I wouldn't buy another Warn.

Another vote for the goldfish, it's now on its 3rd vehicle and going strong. It's had a new motor which got upgraded to a bow motor 2. Apart from the motor giving up its never let me down and had quite a lot of use.

Agree with Chris the finish isnt great but can't see it behind the bumper.

Thanks for the reply's guys Goldfish it is then mainly due tot he aftersales feedback.

I have a Comeup on my 110 been faultless in 4 years of use, I would buy another no problem

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back