Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Whats your thoughts ?

is it because it has one of them stick things for changing gear :? :?

Yeah, that and the illegal front window tints.
I'd like to see the Police meter on those.

Chris

Top flight towing vehicle.
Manual very rare in uk from wht i read. Id have one. Nuff said.

The seller is certainly over-playing it a bit, but the manual is less common than the auto. At least around where I've been. Combination VX with AHC AND Manual is even less common.
For towing, I feel it is both easier, more comfortable and more durable with an auto box.
Both the 4-sp and the 5-speed are good for towing, but the 5-speed version is much more refined and responsive.

When I ordered my first 100, I specified manual, after having 80's only with manual. I ended up with auto, and I must say it has some advantages.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Basically manual was a factory option - autos were standard. I'm sure the manual is fine but as others have said, the auto might be nicer to live with.

Well, I'm crushed. I was being serious.

I'm not visiting you in prison. See if I don't. :law-policered:

Chris

you can be sure it won't have any torque converter issues :lol: I can see the appeal of a nice short shifting manual box in a fast car but not the great sloppy thing you get in 80's and 100's.

Andrew Prince said:
.... as others have said, the auto might be nicer to live with.
For some, I would add.
Some never accept another brain doing the shifts.
I know it took me some time.

I wouldn't say sloppy, more like medieval. At least you get good feedback :lol:

Since when was it RARE to have a sun roof? Maybe they mean it doesn't have one, now that would be RARE :doh:

A LC100 without a sunroof, saints preserve us! Love those nifty front bumper over-riders. Very tasty and a all round solid example of a Land Cruiser. It's been the 1st time in my driving history that I've owned a auto and quite frankly, so far, it's been a smooth transfer (touch wood). I would have thought a 5 speed manual box would have been better suited to a 4.7 V8 petrol.

The Other John

AKA: The Dark Dude

OK so an auto it is then, I'll just carry on dreaming, no worries Chris, Nick's not going to prison :lol: not this time !

Jon Wildsmith said:
Since when was it RARE to have a sun roof? Maybe they mean it doesn't have one, now that would be RARE :doh:

What he meant was a 'very rare sun' ... roof :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make sure it's not an import. Their boxed description describes it as automatic. Bit like having 2 voltmeters.
Chesham????? Not too far from ykw.

Frank

Frank:
Why "Make sure it's not an import."?

People in this country don't always get their descriptions correct. I've been to see 3 LC's being described as 1 owner only to find down the line that they have had several owners. Same with what we call "imports". Correct advice should have been "make sure it's UK registered from new". Others are worth less money and specs vary.

Frank

Sounds to me like an oportunity to get a cruiser better suited to your needs, at a lower cost. ;)
frank rabbets said:
.... Others are worth less money and specs vary.
Frank
Do you mean that I should avoid cars from the UK? since they would be imports where I live now?

PS: After all - This is the European LC club :D

uHu said:
Do you mean that I should avoid cars from the UK? since they would be imports where I live now?
You probably should, the wheel will be on the right side and you probably want one on the wrong side :mrgreen:

uHu said:
PS: After all - This is the European LC club :D
quite right, only joking ;)

Back