Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel refurb

Rob

Garage
Volvo related stuff so posting in the lounge...

I have just discovered that my one of my 17 wheels is not exactly round any more. Has a couple of small deflections on the inside however if you spin the wheel up it is clear the wheel is distorted. Can this be repaired? If so where?

I have found this site: http://www.pxalloys.com/wheels/wheel.php?id=935&type=d Only problem is in their FAQs that they will not accept deformed wheels. Also 2 of mine are perfect so don't really want to shell out for 4 refurb ones if I don't have to. Anyone dealt with them before?

I took it to kwik-fit today as they were the only place that was open and it turns out that 3 are buckled and 1 is slightly wobbly. Any advice who can fix these?

In my opinion rob it would be cheaper buying another set of wheels for it. Anywhere will prob want 50plus for a refurb and straighten.

Karl

£50 per wheel sounds cheap, these wheels if you can find them go for about double that and more for a good set. I just need to find a place that will repair them properly, looking at videos on youtube it looks like a fine art.

Back