Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel spacer info

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi guys there's a lot of info on wheel spacers but it's still confusing on best make for reliability to suit my stock 16inch rims on a 94 model.

I only really want a better stance not to protrude the fenders at all. Would it be the same size for front & back & if so what size would that be?

Any personal first hand knowledge & experience
1259be05d4e7977b1f73be9f7f29581f.jpg
appreciated [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6a9d26462daa827ef2996104d28d6f28.jpg

Hi guys there's a lot of info on wheel spacers but it's still confusing on best make for reliability to suit my stock 16inch rims on a 94 model.

I only really want a better stance not to protrude the fenders at all. Would it be the same size for front & back & if so what size would that be?

Any personal first hand knowledge & experience
1259be05d4e7977b1f73be9f7f29581f.jpg
appreciated [emoji4]

6a9d26462daa827ef2996104d28d6f28.jpg

Most spacers sold in the uk are 30mm, if you've got wheels on with a big offset they will throw mud and shit all down the side of your truck, you could always put wider flares on to cure that, depends how much you want to mod the truck.

being using 60mm wheel spacers with 285x75x16 wheels on my land rover for a few years now with very little trouble

White90 I'm thinking 0 offset standard Toyota rims would 30mm be just right for a better stance without becoming over extended?

I can't tell with your different rims [emoji848]

I had 10 inch rims on there before from the previous owner with fender extensions didn't like that so I took them off ratrace [emoji16]
7dc55e219c71af633722e424db95bb31.jpg

I would of thought 30mm on standard rims would be just right, to check just measure 30mm from the outside of your tyre to the wheel arch just to give you an idea of where the outside of the wheel will come to.

Will attempt to measure tomorrow ...... Thank you [emoji106]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would of thought 30mm on standard rims would be just right, to check just measure 30mm from the outside of your tyre to the wheel arch just to give you an idea of where the outside of the wheel will come to.

I'd go with that too, 0 offset + 30 spacer will give you the equivalent of -30 which will bring the outer edge of the rim just inside the standard 80 over-arch.

image.jpg

Measured up today Clive & the fronts line out well / no spacer needed. The rear had a spacer before at 15mm from the previous owner but I removed it due the bolts being worn & not a good grade. Looking at buying good quality OEM bolts to bring it into line.
Not sure how mine don't need much if not any spacers? [emoji848]

Measured up today Clive & the fronts line out well / no spacer needed. The rear had a spacer before at 15mm from the previous owner but I removed it due the bolts being worn & not a good grade. Looking at buying good quality OEM bolts to bring it into line.

It depends on your rims IS, if they are zero offset, then 30mm spacers would do it. If they're -20mm rims you would only need 10mm spacers. Does that make any sense?

I would have thought the front and the rear were the same though, the rears should line up the same as the fronts have. (I said that twice somehow, didn't I ?)

Front and rear wheels must have a different offset , mismatched set ?

The wheels are standard Toyota 16's so not sure right now Clive. [emoji848]

You may be right there Shayne will look into this more when I take the tires off to refurbish the rims. [emoji106]

Just a thought mate I notice your trucks lifted, did you measure the wheel spacing on both sides of the truck, when lifted it pulls the axles over to one side further than the other unless you fit adjustable panhard rods to recentre the axle, have you got any pics of the spacer you took off?

xxxxx

Yes white90 I measured both front & back. Fronts are flush back is 15mm inwards to being flush with he fender like the fronts.

Yes it is lifted with a OMU suspension being 2 or 2.5 inch not sure [emoji848]

Buying some spares from Garry in the uk "breakers80" and he said the wheels are 0 offset and the rears are designed & setup inwards from the front. I checked and front & backs line up perfectly.

Previously I had these 15mm spacers on the back with longer stud which brought them out more with the fender.
85f1e3a88b1090e669d1c2488cb5217b.jpg
2061899bc404b643133b402f25f8235c.jpg

I took them off as the 2 studs had worn threads but I deemed them unsafe.

Was thinking to buy two studs and maybe put them back but still not sure.

Don't like the look of those spacer's mate, can't even begin to imagine why Toyota would set the rears in more than the fronts, would 30mm spacers make the tyres stick out past the arch extensions?.

I thought a wider track at the front was common in performance cars but i wouldn't have guessed a cruiser might be the same , regardless the reasons relate to handling so personally i would stick with mrT's plan inasmuch as i would put equal sized spacers front and back .

Or better still shiny new negative offset wheels :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Mine's got a 2" lift and no adjustable panhard rods so the two o's wheels stick out further than the n's two, iv'e measured the wheel track and front and rears are exactly the same so where this rear is narrower than the front't thing comes from ive no idea, maybe someone on here has fitted spacer's with standard 16" alloys like yours can post you some pic's.
I know Karl Webster uses spacers a lot on his many cruisers if you message him he may be able to help you with some advice.

Last edited:
Rear wheels don't need more than 15mm spacers to bring them out more to the fender & sit like the fronts. Couldn't find a spacer for his vehicle for 15mm so became stuck. 30mm would stick out passed the fender & that's not what I want especially with new body painted [emoji16]

Rear wheels don't need more than 15mm spacers to bring them out more to the fender & sit like the fronts. Couldn't find a spacer for his vehicle for 15mm so became stuck. 30mm would stick out passed the fender & that's not what I want especially with new body painted [emoji16]

In that case then I'm with Shayne a good excuse for shiny new wheels.

Bought the car with shiny 10inch wheels & extra flare extension but didn't like them on the car.
08e952373e4c2074987c5eca9390bbd8.jpg

369fcc5fd2c44bed19e7dee115f0c1b8.jpg

I like the originality of the Toyota wheels and know their extremely strong & very well made made hence why I took the others off & sold them.
Gonna refurbish & paint them with the new colour theme for the vehicle soon. [emoji12]
54dec72e2d4ea9e072227d6e3efad401.jpg

Last edited:
Back