Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who ate all the maps?

Sam

Garage
Is it me or have people just stopped making maps?

I understand that we now have herds of new fangled satellite-chatting electronical devices - but where are all the good old fashioned reliable paper maps gone??? :|

Having no luck trying to track down decent backups maps for navigating through the Pyrenees - anyone got a good lead on a maker?

Have a word with Andy Cook or Jon Wildsmith Sam :thumbup:

Even though I had a GPS I still carried lots of maps to get me through Africa - Mostly purchased from Stanfords - top place for maps!

Adrian

which Part of Spain Sam?
and what sort of scale?

I have a paper map from Catalunya at 1:400,000
a big 1:50,000 scale map of similar area (no countours though)
a road map spain

also digital maps at 1:50,000 scale for pyrenees, andorra - but limited extent - these work with oziexplorer

you are welcome to borrow

Stanfords is definitely the place, they have a massive range of maps.

If you are driving down through Paris a trip to the IGN shop in Paris might be worth a stop for maps of the French side.

A loan of those Oziexplorer maps would be very welcome up here Andy, if you can manage :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
this is the 1:50000 map

no contours and catalunya, not sure if they do similar maps for western pyrenees

GEO ESTEL
Grand ATLAS CATALUNYA Grand ATLAS CATALUNYA
1/50 000 ème (1cm: 0.5 km) 1 / 50 000 scale (1cm: 0.5 km)

Thanks Andy - I'm having a look at that now.

I'm soaking up all the input here! There's no doubt I'm going to get lost - your help is just limiting how badly :thumbup: :lol:

Just ordered one of these.

Thanks for the tip Andy - should get me started :thumbup:

My route is basically

- West from Santander, through Galicia, to Santiago De Compostela
- Straight South East to near Alicante
- Up the coast to Barcelona
- Directly North across the bumpy bits to Toulouse - and head for Calais.

Should be ok with the Sat Nav for most of it - it just gets a bit hazy between Barcelona and Toulouse :lol: - hopefully with this new map I should be covered as far as Andorra now at least.

Got my 1:50,000 Catalunya map today. Looks pretty cool. Thanks again for the tip Andy.

Shame it stops bang on the border mid Pyrenees - but I'm sure I can find something similar for the French side. If not, I'll simply play on the Spanish side :lol:

Sam
the spanish side is better, less restrictive on trails and better weather
the southside of mountains is drier and sunnier :D

Lots of trails on wikilocic
i cant remember link will send when i get home

Back