Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Been playing with a new gadget today that turned up in the post from China....a Toyota Intelligent Tester.....need to spend some time playing with it as it seems pretty powerful and I don't want to screw anything

Good news was no DTCs found and everything reading as expected

IMG_1650 low res.jpg

IMG_1649 low res.jpg

Well today I finally got a handbrake for the first time in ownership,never bothered to sort it to be fare as it's an auto,it turned out to be the little cable in side the rear disc and what a bast**d to do,now I know why the bloke who owned it and mot tested it himself as I've found out since owning it left it,why would you make it so hard to get the rear shoes off,it would of been hard even if my finger wasn't stuck bent since the opp,just hoping the over side doesn't go now fingers crossed.
well I was at it give Bertha a good clean ready for cheeky weekend away in caravan il put some pics up later she looks well for her age.

Nice combo there Sag, and yes, Bertha does scrub up nice!

Enjoy your weekend :thumbup:

Cheers Clive
will be first time off in caravan hope she tows ok especially when my wife loads it up,don't think she realises they have supermarkets in other places

The only trouble i have towing is forgetting its behind me .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers Clive
will be first time off in caravan hope she tows ok especially when my wife loads it up,don't think she realises they have supermarkets in other places

Mine is just the same. Every Friday evening, I want to get out of Bucharest and up to our house for the weekend, as soon as possible.

But no, it's an hour in the supermarket to "stock up for the weekend", then we get on the road, and it's 11:30pm or later when we arrive.

Bugger me, first thing on Saturday morning, "we need to go to the village for some shopping" WTF! :lol:

Thanks Shayne that's reassuring and also rember it's there.
ive got a feeling Clive we will bring most of it back as we will end up shopping on Saturday and it will be oh il get that n ooh have you seen that lol.

XT600 now needs a key to start it, and I know that I definitely have ET0 on my wheels, so hopefully I can get something sorted tomorrow to be a spare as I currently have 31x10.5R15's on, and the spare is a 205R16...

Just thought I'd let you know Shayne/Clive,got here ok,she pulled well bar the hill what looked like we were going up a cliff face and went to 30mph instantly and just stayed their,other than that bang on pulled better than our old shogun 3lt v6.

Just thought I'd let you know Shayne/Clive,got here ok,she pulled well bar the hill what looked like we were going up a cliff face and went to 30mph instantly and just stayed their,other than that bang on pulled better than our old shogun 3lt v6.

You arrived at just about the same time as we got to our house!

Day off relaxing tomorrow, :dance:

Working from home Sunday and early Monday morning I'm off to Istanbul again (working) all week.

Ah forgot yours is probably an auto which will make a difference glad your happy with how it pulls though enjoy your weekend :thumbup:

XT600 now needs a key to start it, and I know that I definitely have ET0 on my wheels, so hopefully I can get something sorted tomorrow to be a spare as I currently have 31x10.5R15's on, and the spare is a 205R16...

New bit of ali fitted for the switches, and the key, re-did some more wiring that the army did, and Delz went for a run on it with the little handheld UHF and earphone so we could see how that worked; that works fine, so that's comms sorted now.

Wheel wasn't the right size, so I might just need to bite the bullet and get a new rim and tyre.

Changed the brake fluid today. It was almost as black as Guinness and off the scale when I tested it with the fluid tester. I've had the LC 10 years and never changed it so it was long overdue. Used the Gunsons pressure bleeder linked up to a compressor set to 20psi. The fronts bled easy but the rears didn't for some strange reason. Completely removed the nipple on each rear calliper but no fluid came out. Then tried the traditional 'push pedal - loosen nipple' method and fluid did come out and thereafter the pressure bleeder pushed the fluid through freely from the reservoir. Still don't know if there was some sort of partial blockage (the nipples were clear) or wether it's just some peculiarity of the rear system. The PSV bled easy. The front and rear systems feed from separate compartments in the reservoir so, personally, I can't see how bleeding the rears first as per the FSM makes any difference. I ended up bleeding the fronts first after starting with the NS rear and getting no fluid flow. All back together and the brakes feel as good as before (braking performance was never an issue) but new fluid should be beneficial to the system.

How did you purge the system of old fluid Phil? I've thought about changing the BF at times but wondered about the residual fluid left in the system. As I see it, the calipers cannot empty completely of old fluid
Saying that, I doubt there are many left with unchanged calipers, brake lines etc so most will have had partial BF .changer in their life.

Spent all day sorting out the mistake I made on Chesil beach a few weeks back. But I can't belive how shiny the paint work has Come up. I will post pictures Sunday.

How did you purge the system of old fluid Phil? I've thought about changing the BF at times but wondered about the residual fluid left in the system. As I see it, the calipers cannot empty completely of old fluid
Saying that, I doubt there are many left with unchanged calipers, brake lines etc so most will have had partial BF .changer in their life.

I bought plenty of fluid and just kept bleeding until the fluid ran clear. Looking at the construction of the callipers with the bleed nipple and the brake line connected near the top and on the same side of the callipers you would think it impossible to purge all the old fluid out without removing and stripping/completely draining them unless the flow of the fluid inside is designed in such a way so it flows round the calliper bodies and out through the nipple? I connected the pressure bleeder without a new fluid supply initially to force most of the old fluid out of the reservoir before adding new but I unintentionally ran the front system out of fluid by watching the level in the front portion of the reservoir (which feeds the back system) and ended up with air blowing through the nipple on the front OS calliper! New fluid bled through quickly and easily though once I'd topped up the reservoir. I fitted new front discs/pads a couple of weeks ago and the rear pads are nearly new so, with the pistons pushed back well into the bores on all the calipers I guess the amount of residual fluid left in the system (if any) will be minimal. JMO

Last edited:
Spent all day sorting out the mistake I made on Chesil beach a few weeks back. But I can't belive how shiny the paint work has Come up. I will post pictures Sunday.

Chesil beach, another place from my childhood!

Used to love walking along there finding crab shells and legs after a storm. It's a fearsome place when the sea is rough, I don't think I've seen bigger waves anywhere else in the UK.

And we used to canoe on the Fleet...

Great place, looking forward to your photos Stu, hope the "mistake" wasn't too serious.:think:

Back