Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Fitted my Foxwing awning using Wildsmith adapters!! Very happy bunny now :p

Hopefully it won't bloody well fall off again :oops: :oops:

If it falls off using my brackets without taking the rack with it I'm going to give up making things!

Not really maintenance, but refitted the roof tent and rock sliders today. Greased the props, tinkered here and there, took the swivels of GW, had a tidy up of the garden too. Still look like a scrapyard.

Nice to have the accessories starting to go back on.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's bad Nick, were they injured?

Wife OK ish, daughter facial injuries inc stitches and stuff to face, and very badly swollen, both really in shock as the biker was killed on impact :thumbdown: He was going too fast overtaking on wrong side of road on a bend and hit them head on !
selfish inconciderate dick, the pain that has caused to my family and his own, I know I'm in a state of shock myself and dont want any retort to my next comment but at the moment I have no sympathy at all for him, it was so unavoidable and uneccessary, a blind bend for f**ks sake ! sorry if that offends anyone, but your not sat here now listening to your 10 year old daughter crying and replaying what happened and unable to help her other than cuddles, she keeps

No apologies necessary Nick, I'm sure most of us would feel exactly the same in those circumstances. I hope they will recover soon.

@ Nick - Dude, really sorry to hear that - I hope your guys bounce back soonest...

Well the good news is the MOT was passed - b@stards wanted to fail me because one of the two rear number plate lights had gone... I guess I could kinda understand if there was only one light but there are TWO, so it's not like I can go into stealth mode at night in my 80 unless both blew. :lol: Luckily I had a spare sitting 3 feet away in the boot, so 30 seconds later and MOT-man was grudgingly happy :mrgreen:

I'll take note of all this for next year and get the damn handbrake properly adjusted for my next MOT. Luckily we have this forum to keep record of these good ideas :idea:

Found time to put a pair of LED spot lights on the other day.

th_SANY00026.jpg th_SANY00057.jpg

I've disconnected the yellow spots and wired the LED lights into the existing switch (instead of the yellow spots comming on ....the LED lights do)
I'll try to get some comparison pics at some point ... :thumbup:

Attachments

• th_SANY00026.jpg
    th_SANY00026.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 72
  • th_SANY00057.jpg
    th_SANY00057.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 81
oil strainer checked. Oil change.

Going to call on Dave D for some welding help (he does not know it yet :shhh: )

So far this morning.
Removed rear heater matrix and heater pipes
Blanked off heater input
Removed exhaust and refitted straight through system
Tested charging system for leisure battery
Hooked up Panasonic GPS/media system
Started cabling to charger.

As well as going to Milner, car spares ahp and collecting 10m 50mm welding cable.

Now having a cup of tea as it must be lunchtime

Chris

Is that all Chris?!!!!

Btw what the cost of the weld cable and what route did you take with it to the back of the truck?

Many thanks.

Ahh, well, now that's a good question. I have done it differently this time. I'll stick pics up of all the work when I next do Cruiser of the Month :lol:

I decided that I didn't need the rear heater matrix, so I took that out so that I could put my GPS brain-box under the seat on a little plinth. This leaves a nice hole where the heater pipes go through. So, I have come from the battery, down the firewall, through the holes in the chassis legs and up through the hole into the cabin. The straight to the sill and under the carpet along the scuff plates over the wheel arch, behind the plastic panel and he presto, out to the rear battery via the Cyrix which is mounted, again, in the subwoofer hole. Bulkhead has a joint in it with a Mega fuse and also a master off battery switch.
Cable, I'm paying £3.99 m plus vat. Very flexible as it's welding cable, no issue with amps that's for sure and of course the sheathing is pretty durable and heat / spark resistant. 50mm2 as I said earlier.

All gone swimmingly well so far. Should be a 'clean' day tomorrow. Exhaust all checks out, no leaks. Incidentally, I now have a Toyota OEM exhaust system for sale. Pretty sure it's genuine. All stamped by Mr T. Very little corrosion and joints/welds all look good. There is thousands of miles left in it. I shall stick it on the for sale section. Might be just what someone needs.

Is that all? Well I'd have got more done if it wasn't for the constant interruptions from people asking how it's going!! :roll: :roll: Only kidding.

Chris

Back