Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wifi dongle help please

Total nightmare. Got the same here with Talk Talk and Openreach. Bring back GPO : you could just pop down to the local office and report a problem then a man from the depot would potter round and sort it FOC.

Customers have no protection from an external body i went around in circles on Ofcom's website and found nothing and so contacted the relevant Ombudsman who thought he may be able to help but not until i had complained to talktalk in writing , received a reply and allowed them 8 weeks to remedy the problem :wtf:

He did offer a talktalk email address to use but i don't have it now ?

The engineer that visited me explained "service providers won't send us because they automatically incur a £55 call out fee" which is after all a years wages for most of talktalk's staff :lol:

So Frank - if i knew back then what i know now i would have changed the phone master socket which is two wires and they sell sockets in Maplin , £5 just to be sure the fault is not in my house . (change it back if the fault is not fixed or you will get a bill from BT when they come)

Phone the Ombudsman for talktalk UK office email and send your complaint/request for an engineers visit there .

Regardless of what they say you cannot be charged for faults outside your home .

The engineer also explained that they will change even a good master socket inclusive of the £55 call out charge which is the service providers and not the homeowners responsibility , though i expect a bill for that bit from Plusnet (phone chat terms & conditions blah blah blah)

Total total nightmare Shayne. We have lightening strikes here quite often and the last one burned out the cable in the lane, the master socket and my router !! No phone nor broadband. I don't have a mobile so I stood on the roof doing semaphore with some flags my Dad had in the war and the sods just ignored me. Seriously though I was stuck. I happened to see an engineer in the lane and he took pity on me (I was crying) and came in to the house, fitted a new socket and gave me a new BT router. The line sort of worked but it took 14 days for them to repair the cable.

I imagine you were praying for an RAF jet to pass by and recognize your distress signal :lol:

Its sad that the engineers themselves seem to be good guys or at least we both found them to be . Done a speed test yesterday and got 6 something when 3 is the best i have had for years and this is with Plusnet's cheapest unlimited option (about £21 monthly) though i did tell them that my landline telephone has been unplugged for at least 7 years and will be unplugged again as soon as it works .

Back