Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

winch advice

har har :twisted:

I have to admit, I was expecting it to go faster but I've not had a winch before so have no comparison. That said, I guess you just want to get yourself unstuck, speed might be a problem when there is a tsunami coming but other than that....

I was also bleating about batteries not being up to the task, well, I had them tested today by Halfords and they are both 30% of what they should be. That is after an hours drive so I am sure the winch was just being powered by the alternator yesterday.
Should zoom up next time round. :dance:

There must be something wrong with my winch if yours managed it ok Crispin with the state of your batteries. My batteries tested AOK, wiring is all good, looks like I got the one Goodwinch assembled on a Friday and forgot to make work properly :(

I replaced my failed winch solenoid with an Allbright version today, hope that turns out more reliable than the one supplied with the winch. Very easy job done with the winch left in place, the Allbright is a straight swap in. Took the knackered one apart to see what went wrong and one of the contact pads had come off, more of a mechanical failure than being burnt out by the look of it. The free spool is still very stiff so I'll have a think how to address that next.

Back