Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Winch bumper at last.

Rob80vx

Ok a mate of mine is making me a winch bumper for my truck and im wondering if anyone else would be interested. The only one I could find over here is the Arb and at £700+ no way could I afford that, so my mate ( a fabricator by trade ) said he could make one for me.I went round the other day so he could mock up the bumper. The main winch tray is 10mm :o so its going to be tough. Im fitting my warn 8274 but the tray is drilled for both front and base mounted winches. As soon as I have it I will post some pics so you can see what it looks like. :thumbup: If anyone is interested let me know and depending on the number wanted he can let me know a price. ;)

Hey Rob, you must be pretty close to me. Where are you at man? 10/40 come back. :doh:

I'm south side of Chesterfield

Chris

Hes at ashbourne chris. Saw him the other week drive past and then had a word on the phone :thumbup:

karl webster said:
Hes at ashbourne chris. Saw him the other week drive past and then had a word on the phone :thumbup:

Yes thats me(unless im driving like a cock then its someone else :lol: )

Well I have the bumper fitted and already have my 8274 warn in place but due to doing other jobs(brakes,cv,ect) I have not had chance to get it out and take some pics. I am very happy with the outcome. The paint he uses is a H/D high build synthetic based paint with built in anti corrosion. Its the paint they use on hgv chassis's and is very tough and looks very similar to my powder coated Jeep bumper. Im hoping to get some pics online Wed or Thu at the latest. As for price im hoping I can get him down to under £300 for fellow club members so I will keep you posted. :thumbup:

Hi Rob,

That was very fast,
One day you were talking about "getting" one.
Then all of a sudden, the damn things painted and fitted.

Must be some sort of record that ,,, I think.

Gra,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds good. Looking forward to some pics and specs.

We'll have to form the Derbyshire Chapter of the Landcruiserclub. :dance:

Chris

Rob80vx said:
As for price im hoping I can get him down to under £300 for fellow club members so I will keep you posted. :thumbup:
That price will get a LOT of interest!! :thumbup:

So am I and I already have a front bumper.

Chris

At that price I would be interested too :thumbup:

Hi Rob any body else who may be interested, the bumper below came from David Bowyer for £249. If anybody is thinking of fitting one there is one mod you can make which makes it even stronger.
Cheers John

RIMG0001-1-2.jpg

I've already got a bumper, I just want to see some pics :mrgreen:

Sorry its taken so long but what started out to be a CV replace ended up being both cv's,swivel seals and bearings,wheel bearings,calipers and discs. :( Its been a expensive week.

Anyway here are the pics. The winch plate is made from 8mm steel and we have kept it as far back as we can to gain a better approach
angle unlike some winch bumpers. Mine is fitted with the front mounted warn 8274 so has the taller front on the winch mount. If you go for the base mounted winch bumper the hight of the front should be just just above the top of the bumper. Most winches should fit without the need to cut the grill, but if you have a large or bridged winch you will have to modify your grill as I did.

I have been told that the standard winch bumper is £220 and one like mine would be a bit more because of the larger winch plate. :thumbup:
So if anyone is interested or has any questions let me know and I will PM you his phone number so you can speak to him direct. ;)

036.jpg

038.jpg

037.jpg

039.jpg

Well doesn't that look sweet.
OMG, that looks beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful.

At that price, I guess there is going to be a waiting list.

Rear bumpers next ?

Gra.

Back