Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Winch shopping

It's a similar angle to the bar on the 80, mine just bends outwards at the bottom and angles backwards a bit, pic makes more sense.....
20170406_223342.jpg

Hard to tell from a pic but the width, if the outer part of the tube was in line with where I've pointed to on the bumper, possibly a bit further forwards too, I like the angle.

20170406_224201.jpg

Cheers Gary I hadn't thought to use the bumper crease to guide me so that's something to look at tomorrow . I have been searching for comparison tonight and this is the closest i can find

icon.jpg

the angle looks similar but its not so obvious on mine because the bar sits lower .

If you need to open up the angle Shayne it's best to cut the 90 degree bends rather than try and pull them out of square for the reasons you mention. I think what looks perhaps less purposeful is the height of yours. You've got the chance to cut down a 90 to a pair of 15/20 degree or so wedges and then weld them on at the base of it with a short straight down but angled forward as it leaves the bumper so the whole thing lays back a bit. A bit like Gary's. If that's what you wanted to do of course.

I like it as it is Shayne, maybe a little taller, but I imagine keeping it low is one of your ambitions. :thumbup:

I am listening guys , its all 3mm wall tube so i would need more than weetabix to open the bend without cutting . What i did was lobster back it with 3 or 4 1mm blade cuts almost but not all the way through .

Height is pretty much determined by the bonnet catch and the choice is above it or below so yeah i chose below and 2" diameter to keep things things in proportion .

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They bolt the bumper to the winch tray and the eye i imagine is so you can put a shackle in to secure your hook , i did wonder myself for a while because they won't accept anything heavy enough for recovery .

AFN_PARAURTI_PER_VERRICELLO_WINCH_BUMPER_TOYOTA_LAND_CRUISER_SERIE_90.jpg

Last edited:
They bolt the bumper to the winch tray and the eye i imagine is so you can put a shackle in to secure your hook , i did wonder myself for a while because they won't accept anything heavy enough for recovery .

View attachment 124075

Yep, that sounds good Shayne, I'm sure you won't be tempted to use them beyond their ability.

Back