Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Winch tray or winch bumper .

After more searching than i feel should have been necessary i settled on M10 X 1.25 metric fine 8.8 zinc bolts and M10 X 1.25 metric fine all metal manifold flange tri lock nuts , both from Spalding Fasteners on ebay ,for bolting the winch in which should i hope offer some strength and prevent loosening by vibration .

This is all new to me so either it will save someone some time searching or somebody will reply saying don't use them ?

To add the flange nuts use a 14mm spanner so don't need trimming with a grinder .

Last edited:
You should be fine with those Shayne. 8.8 should be plenty strong enough, I've even heard of winches supplied with A2 60 stainless!

I'd just be tempted to put a bit of threadlock on and then mark the bolts so you can check they haven't come loose whenever you service it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I wonder if anyone can tell me quick before i pull it apart if this winch clutch lever can be rotated for easier access ?

Winch clutch 001.JPG

Don't see why the whole thing can't be rotated round. But that may be because I can't see all of it. [emoji4]

Not a very good pic Rich i was running out of daylight when the phone went so i grabbed the camera and posted while arguing accounts at the same time hoping to save time .

In the pic the right feet are horizontal but will be mounted vertical putting the clutch lever more or less behind the winch , usable but not ideal .

By the time i got off the phone i decided i would rather have my truck roadworthy before dark instead .

If you can crack open the clutch part of the casting, it may be that the darker grey operating ring can be removed and re-located on whatever it operates, in various positions.

Dont know for sure though, I've not seen one like that before.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back