Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Winter - It's Official

It's voluntary, at least the one I'm in is. If you can you can, if you can't you can't. Simples. :icon-biggrin:

I took my cruiser out about 3 years ago - I was headed to Deddington for a meeting - I found a bunch of back roads and the truck felt really planted with very little slide. I've always had ordinary road tyres as I've never off-roaded, so took it fairly steady.

Earlier in the week, I was getting all excited to think I'd have the cruiser out in the snow by the end of the week, but it's raining right now and looking on the Met site, looks like East Anglia / East Mids misses out again :expressionless:

I took my cruiser out about 3 years ago - I was headed to Deddington for a meeting - I found a bunch of back roads and the truck felt really planted with very little slide. I've always had ordinary road tyres as I've never off-roaded, so took it fairly steady.

Earlier in the week, I was getting all excited to think I'd have the cruiser out in the snow by the end of the week, but it's raining right now and looking on the Met site, looks like East Anglia / East Mids misses out again :expressionless:

Boo hoo, that's a shame Nathan.

We'll have this lot for some time, the forecast is sub-zero every day (except Saturday +2C) then it goes back to -6C daytime high and -11C nightime low, with more snow on Tuesday - Friday.

I recon we'll have you beat by the morning Clive!
IMG_7130.JPG

Looks that way Nick, the race is on!

For your sakes, I hope it's a bit warmer than it is here.

image.jpeg

It's a bit healthier than this one...

image.jpeg

avansert_meteogram.png
Strange how different weather forecasts can be...
avansert_meteogram.png

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
View attachment 112400
Strange how different weather forecasts can be...
View attachment 112401

True enough.

I may be missing the point, but my post was Bucharest and yours is for Comarnic and although it's only 110 km away, it's quite different here.

We've got snow in Comarnic yet it's only about 6/7 cm, and +2C.

I still have more snow on the roof of my truck than there is on the grass here :lol:

image.jpeg

Comarnic Saturday at 5:00 pm

Boo hoo, that's a shame Nathan.

We'll have this lot for some time, the forecast is sub-zero every day (except Saturday +2C) then it goes back to -6C daytime high and -11C nightime low, with more snow on Tuesday - Friday.

Some people have all the fun. We got a light dusting on Friday morning, by lunchtime it was gone without a trace :-(

Easy to say from my armchair but…why go down the hill when there's carnage at the bottom? Not visible until too late maybe, or just drivers on autopilot?

I had something similar on one of the few snowy days we have down here, where I got to the top of Slindon hill and decided to wait there and see what was going on down the steeper other side that was on an S bend. Two walkers came up and said there was a pile at the bottom which soon had a police car added to it after they went down sideways.

I aborted at that point.

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty harsh winter you got there Pat.

You can go off some people…

:lol:

Back