Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Would you buy a driverless car?

Would you buy a driverless card

• Total voters
every piece of technology I have is shite. it's full of bugs, crashes and does random shite. would I trust my life to the sort of unreliable shite that (occasionally) runs my computer and tablet? would I fuck, I'd sooner remove my own testicles with a rusty spoon whilst being fed rhino turds on a cow platt plater whilst being taken from behind by a particularly well hung giraffe called Gerald

:laughing-rolling::thumbup::laughing-rolling:

every piece of technology I have is shite. it's full of bugs, crashes and does random shite. would I trust my life to the sort of unreliable shite that (occasionally) runs my computer and tablet? would I fuck, I'd sooner remove my own testicles with a rusty spoon whilst being fed rhino turds on a cow pat plater whilst being taken from behind by a particularly well hung giraffe called Gerald

Post of the week :lol:

every piece of technology I have is shite. it's full of bugs, crashes and does random shite. would I trust my life to the sort of unreliable shite that (occasionally) runs my computer and tablet? would I fuck, I'd sooner remove my own testicles with a rusty spoon whilst being fed rhino turds on a cow pat plater whilst being taken from behind by a particularly well hung giraffe called Gerald
Having a bad computer day then? ;)

Computers, and associated programs (well-written ones), are actually rock solid when you don't "do" anything with them and they just hum along. I've got servers, both windows and and linux, which have have not been rebooted in years. We recently had to shutdown a server at work because we had to move it - it had been running, without a problem, for 3 years.

The problem with "technology" is the consumer stuff we use is a) cheap b) has to deal with a load of rubbish. My sister in law, 23, is always whining that her phone is slow and buggy, her laptop is rubbish and slow etc etc. I take a look only to find she has installed all manner of rubbish on there. It's like filling your fuel tank with old engine oil and wondering why, although it works, it's getting worse and worse.

if you've flown on a plane in the last 10 years then you have put your life more in the hands of computers than you think. Pretty much as the wheels leave the ground then it's a computer flying it destination, often landing too :)

Having a bad computer day then? ;)

Computers, and associated programs (well-written ones), are actually rock solid when you don't "do" anything with them and they just hum along. I've got servers, both windows and and linux, which have have not been rebooted in years. We recently had to shutdown a server at work because we had to move it - it had been running, without a problem, for 3 years.

The problem with "technology" is the consumer stuff we use is a) cheap b) has to deal with a load of rubbish. My sister in law, 23, is always whining that her phone is slow and buggy, her laptop is rubbish and slow etc etc. I take a look only to find she has installed all manner of rubbish on there. It's like filling your fuel tank with old engine oil and wondering why, although it works, it's getting worse and worse.

if you've flown on a plane in the last 10 years then you have put your life more in the hands of computers than you think. Pretty much as the wheels leave the ground then it's a computer flying it destination, often landing too :)

and how many of those have crashed in the last month!! Planes require massive amounts of servicing and back up to stay in the air. I don't want to have to take my car to the garage after every long journey!

on my tablet both my satnav apps have crashed, both of which were bought apps, not freebies. pretty much every other app I have bought (admittedly not many) and some that came with it no longer work, on a tablet that is less than a year old. My laptop no longer connects to the internet becuase for some random reason it has fucked up something to do with the POP or some bollocks and no one can work out how to fix it (I have to use my wifes). my scanner has now decided it doesn't want to work with either laptop. the DVD drive and USB ports on mine also don't work any more. Electronics have now become the new rust as electronic failures, which are difficult to source, make cars an economic write off even though they may actually work fine (because they can no longer pass an MOT).

Meanwhile IT at work, that techies insist on bringing in,make my job more time consuming, less functional and more difficult and produce more paper than we ever used before they appeared. The only people that like the technology is IT boffs and managers because they can use it to produce nice graphs of how shit we're doing.

driverless cars, I'd sooner crawl to my destination on the bloodied stumps of my recently amputated limbs after taking a salt bath, towing a concrete block tied around my testicles with fishing wire with a dozen naked nuns dancing on me in stilettos singing hallelujah.

I'm sensing you're on the fence with computer stuff ;) am I warm?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Meanwhile IT at work, that techies insist on bringing in,make my job more time consuming, less functional and more difficult and produce more paper than we ever used before they appeared. The only people that like the technology is IT boffs and managers because they can use it to produce nice graphs of how shit we're doing.

Only the IT people like it because it keeps them in jobs. Apologies to anybody that works in IT, but the job seems to attract the same sort of drones as government departments.

Something I do daily requires 10 mins computer time to do now, requires 8 pages to be loaded via the internet and prints out a typed sheet identical to the one I used to fill out by hand in 20 seconds.

And its still not valid unless I physically sign it and pop it in the post, despite having a top secret user name, a password I have to change monthly and a 7 digit pin.
:icon-evil:

No I actually like driving, for me the sense of freedom of just jumping in my car and driving is great! Now jumping in a driverless car and telling it to err hummmm errrr drive to xyz just is not the same. For as long as the driver will always have overall responsibility in the event of a crash/accident I don't see the point...I guess eventually it would end up like the congestion zone but for automated cars only! Could you imagine what Oxford street would be like once people know instead of waiting for traffic lights or zebra crossings that just step out into traffic brings the cars to a stop lol! It would be chaos :)

its ts a sad future for me :( I enjoy driving and I love v8s which one day will be replaced by a stupid automated electric or 1 cylinder generator hybrid :(. The retard that said on the news that it would be great because he could be productive for an extra 2 hours a day on his computer while the car drives needs shooting for being an arse licker the sad twat :)

I feel sorry for the amount of job looses it will create over the years, I also feel sorry for the kids that were born in 2000s they won't know how fun life was once...before your whole life was connected to the internet.

google has became a very powerful company who will be able to influence a lot of political lobbying.

Last edited:
I had to vote no.

I'd rather go on the bus or taxi than sit there like a dummy. I love driving, no matter where or the conditions. The day when I can't drive for whatever reason, will be a sad one.

I also can't (willingly) trust to electronics. The metro train in Copenhagen was driverless and I was sat right at the front where the driver should have been. OK for a metro system, I'm aware of very sophisticated electronics and control systems but a car?

Count the posts on here when ECUs have failed an nobody can diagnose what the hells going on.

Not for me... :eusa-naughty:

I'm with the above. 90% of the experience is the Journey, and for me, that means driving. I hardly ever fly for that very reason. Drive everywhere.

I like driving. I hate driving on motorways; it's dead time. I'll get the train for meetings where I possibly can because I can work. Or sleep. But trains don't go everywhere. I'd certainly have one. And if it could reverse the trailer at the abattoir Mrs Cowell could have one too.

If I could switch on autopilot on the motorway and read a book or do some work ... I'd say yes in a heartbeat. Technology can go wrong, but it's hardly like humans can't either. I love driving (especially windy mountain roads in my little smart roadster), but I'd love it even more if it could be less of a chore sometimes.

Road rage is something that will subside once cars become driverless.

FT said:
On Tuesday, a very different motoring story was in the news. Mark Slater, a lorry driver, was convicted of murdering Trevor Allen. He had lost his temper and deliberately driven a 17 tonne lorry over Mr Allen’s head. It is a striking juxtaposition.

Untill people just walk out infront of cars knowing they will stop!! :lol: bringing the high street to a stand!

I'd have one! :clap:

Would be great if you went some where and you couldn't find a parking space, just jump out and tell the thing to do laps until you get back. :think:

Would be great if you went some where and you couldn't find a parking space, just jump out and tell the thing to do laps until you get back. :think:
Best idea yet

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

respect-055.gif
Good thinking Ben.

maybe if it was a camper and I could crawl in the back for a cup of tea and a kip:think:

Back