Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

110v tools

warrenpfo

I am off to inspect a Hitachi angle grinder and transformer as its 110v but for £20 and it all is supposed to work i guess its a steal.

I just wanted to ask what to look for in 110v tools. I guess a thermal reset switch on the transformer is handy but otherwise the tools are just the same as 240v.

I have missed out on some good and very cheap 110v tools of late as i dont have a transformer so when this lot popped up i thought now is my chance to get the basics to work with.

Any disadvantage to 110v tools and when inspecting a used Hitachi angle grinder what should one look for apart from it not sounding like a bag of bolts. I think you can get spares for hitachi grinders like brushes and triggers etc

I am off to inspect a Hitachi angle grinder and transformer as its 110v but for £20 and it all is supposed to work i guess its a steal.

I just wanted to ask what to look for in 110v tools. I guess a thermal reset switch on the transformer is handy but otherwise the tools are just the same as 240v.

I have missed out on some good and very cheap 110v tools of late as i dont have a transformer so when this lot popped up i thought now is my chance to get the basics to work with.

Any disadvantage to 110v tools and when inspecting a used Hitachi angle grinder what should one look for apart from it not sounding like a bag of bolts. I think you can get spares for hitachi grinders like brushes and triggers etc

Only disadvantage is having to lug the big yellow box about! Its heavy!!

Make sure the transformer doesn't look like its had too many knocks and that the wires aren't loose going in or coming out of it because they tend to get yanked a lot :wtf:

Back