Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2nd hand Dealers/Breakers

Brian S

Country Flag
england
Anyone know of a good one, reputable!!

Been looking for another gearbox, (had quotes around 2.5k to refurb)
Did online breaker/parts search website, had a few come back, but, having been scammed earlier this year I now dig a lot deeper in research, and not liking what I see.

I thought Karl Webster was the forums man to go to for things like this

Anyone know of a good one, reputable!!

Been looking for another gearbox, (had quotes around 2.5k to refurb)
Did online breaker/parts search website, had a few come back, but, having been scammed earlier this year I now dig a lot deeper in research, and not liking what I see.
If karl can't help I'm sure garry at 80 breaker or triggers as he's known on here can. Both good chaps.

Gearbox for .....?

£2.5k sounds like a joke. M&T transmissions quoted me £600 last week for a rebuild - as long as it was only bearings. As it changes gear perfectly I can't see it being anything more. I have another box but it's not a perfect 2nd gear every time. Otherwise it's a good box. I'd hand deliver it if I thought it was worth even £1000!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Karl, unfortunately this comes

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Apache/2.4.18 (Unix) Server at www.landcruiserparts.co.uk Port 80

Of course forgot its a Collie ....... no forum breakers for them unfortunately but i think for £2500 you could buy a whole truck and send me the front diff and transfer box :D

I've had a few coolly bits but nothing box wise at the min.

Have you got steffs details?

My site is down at the min due to being hacked by spammers. The host didn't have it backed up so I'm screwed and got to have it all set up again. Thinking of getting rid of everything so don't know if I'll be having the site done again.

Have you tried Steff mate. Great guy to deal with a true honest bloke
Does Steff still deal in parts? last I heard he had gone down to the West country somewhere and his mate had taken over the business.

Thanks Karl, unfortunately this comes

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Apache/2.4.18 (Unix) Server at www.landcruiserparts.co.uk Port 80
I know garry at 80 breaker did break 1 colly a while back bit said it wasn't successful. He did have a few bits left some time ago so may be worth a call.

I think Trevor might still have the box from Lil Blue. That was perfect.

2,5 k is more than what I pay for a brand new (manual) box for my 80 at all american imports in holland. I ended up buying a box from them that had 500kms on it for 2500 euro.
So I would search a bit more for a decent company that does refurbs for a better price.
good luck!

No reply from Stef yet, sent him a text this morning as I would be working out of signal.
No reply to my email to MT either

Back