Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4 Wheel drive control ECU

Compact3

I need a new or at least one that works, the 4 wheel drive control ECU situated inside the left kick panel passenger side. This controls the operation of the axle locks. Anybody got any idea where I might obtain one.

Many Thanks
John

I have never heard of one of these failing, ever. Therefore supplies should be plentiful and naturally cheap :thumbup:

Karl will have a bucket full. Oh paging Mr Webster.....

Chris

4 wheel drive ECU

Thanks for that Chris. I am relying on info from an Auto Electrical person. The rear diff works, the front has no power detected at the actuator end. All lights flash and the rear engages, that would suggest that the switch is ok? But there appears to but no power coming out of the ECU where the Auto Electrician said it should be. Toyota want £255 for a new one which is a bit steep particularly if the Auto Electrician is mistaken, and they don't fail. A cheaper one would be good. The part No for interest is 89533/60020.
John

Actually that is surprisingly cheap! It's a relative term. Karl with have several I am sure. Just click on his website - it's in his signature. There are certain parts that just don't sell. Others are in high demand. This isn't one of them. So you should be fine. Could be a simple break in the wire somewhere. More likely than the unit to be honest, but get one and plug it in and then you'll know either way.

He may list it on his site. I haven't looked.

Chris

Hi John/Chris

These are in super high demand and are £254 second hand:whistle:

On a serious note, I do get quite a few needing them.

Karl

Interesting to know Karl, if people NEED them or THINK they need them 'cos their lockers are busted.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thing is I'm happy to just refund if not needed or obviously lend out to some people :)

Hi John/Chris

These are in super high demand and are £254 second hand:whistle:

On a serious note, I do get quite a few needing them.

Karl

Bravo Karl :laughing-rolling: I like it!

I think maybe you should think twice if you consider Chris as a candidate for your "Marketing and estimating Department Manager" :whistle:

Back