Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4x4 Up Snowdon

It's a shame that there are so many implications here and that is has to be seen as irresponsible and overall a bad thing, because in slightly different circumstances it could be hilarious. Getting up there once is stupid but to do it again just makes everyone look daft.

"What do you mean it's back.......?"

Chris

couldnt afford to go to court but managed to drive to Snowdon using his benfits money twice in a couple of weeks, @rsehole

This muppets seem to find plenty of time and money to do whatever they do at decent tax paying citizens expense.

def.something wrong with the system

ram.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
yes, the ramifications could be bad on the community.

how do you do thousands of pounds of damage to a railway? with a 3000 lb vehicle??

isuzu is a very solid vehicle, full frame, decent power ... why the hate?

2 years?? seriously? pretty harsh, rapists and wife and kid beaters get less ... not sure how they could come up with that kind of sentence. had to set an example, i guess.

I dont know, maybe he pushed the track off its sleepers slightly? Or hit a few signals?

Is a harsh sentence, but he drove the truck up there twice. Then tried selling it on ebay and bragged about the fact hed driven it up Snowdon twice.

Then he ignores all the court summons.

So I guess his complete disregard for the law pissed the judge off!

Rambling/walking is a very popular hobby, far more popular than anything to do with 4x4's. Most ramblers hate 4x4 drivers with a passion.
So there is a good chance the judge was also a rambler. :think:

Harsh
I think he should appeal.

Dangerous Driving and not even on a road, Cant work that one out. To me it is Private Property. I think if that is true the most of us will be up for 10 years or more.

Don't post your Vids on You Tube or they will come and get you.

I makes you think a bit

Mal

I think when you actually read it all, it makes sense and he got what he deserved

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-21087633

No respect, no remorse, failed to come to court, denied it was him although caught on cctv, and challenged them to catch him.

no idea what damage he did, but its easy to rack up a labour bill, they would have had to do a full line inspection after each stunt, so that alone would be time expensive.

I have no sympathy for him, its a national park and the rules are clear.

Last edited:
Fool. Now they need to forget where they put the key ...

No sympathy at all. If he had only slightly bent or dislodged a rail/sleeper/signal wire etc, and his plonker drive was not known about, couldn't the little train have come off the track. up a mountain, in winter with your family or mine on board ? The problem with this sort of stunt is that it might encourage others to do even more stupid things and we will all suffer.

Def.agree with above post, it's obviouse this muppet will only come out and do something silly again,licence or no licence,what's he got to loose? from what i have read he was on social anyway so it's not that he's going to loose his job or anything and for next 22 months he'll be fed 3 times a day and live a life of riley with not a bother in the world(apart from becoming somebody's bitch)
no sympath.

Personally I think he needs care not custody. Looking at his behaviour you can't help thinking the Frontera doesn't quite go to the top of the hill (to paraphrase an old saying).

the blokes a sandwich short of a picnic ffs .... he needs help rather than locking up.

but i do agree with the outcome of this case ... should send a clear message to anyone else thinking of trying the same or similar stunt

22 months for being a pillock? :angry-nono:

pity they wouldn't extend the same sentence to builders of landrover for crimes against motorists

Back