Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series dashboard

tigranlc

Country Flag
united_states
ok dumb question, does a 97 lc dashboard fit a 92 lc dashboard?
or does anyone know anyone that has a 92 dashboard for sale, grey color ?

thanks

Not sure they post to the States.
Basically no it won't fit.

ok dumb question, does a 97 lc dashboard fit a 92 lc dashboard?
or does anyone know anyone that has a 92 dashboard for sale, grey color ?

thanks
have you a US 80? left hand drive?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
US 80 left hand, and checked part numbers, wont fit. so i gotta find a 92 dashboard for sale. or see if its possible to repair the cracks.
I've got a 92 in grey, but right hand drive.

I've a US 97 petrol, if that helps at any time

Typically restorers paint the dash so repair is very much like using body filler on a dent . You seem happy enough to remove the dash so its only a case of finding the right products to make it good again . No more work than replacing it and a lot cheaper way to go i imagine .

Re the replacement, apparently the dashboards physically fit as someone on MUD did it, but so much has to be changed, everything from the fittings on the bulkhead to the every last switch and a lot of cabling differences, certainly not worth it IMO.

Go with @Shayne 's idea, sheet everything up and repair as if accident damaged. Look around and see if you can get 3M plastic repair kits for plastic bumpers, and of course plastic paint which stay flexible.

regards

Dave

I’ve made repairs to mine using flexible body filler and it looks good, you may need to Ed paint the whole dash if you can’t get the correct colour, but be aware that any silicone based dash cleaners/ polishes need to be 100% removEd or the paint won’t stick and you will have fish eyes all over it

I have an early dash.

The later one wouldn't fit as the center consoles different on the two.

You can get dash covers if a repair isn’t successful or looks bad. I‘ve seen them in a thin carpet type of material, mainly used in hot sunny climates, to keep direct sunlight off the plastic.

I can’t help with a supplier, but google can be your friend and international postage on an item like that shouldn’t be too stressful.

OZ sites are good for these or maybe suppliers in the Middle-East.

I know that Qatar has an amazing parts dealership for genuine 80 parts, and they might stock covers, they’re very popular there.

Back