Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series rear Gullwing Doors

:)
I'll send you some new hinges :)

Be good when I can get a sensible price for the Molle panel. Had a quote of £110 each which I know is a non starter. They are so stupid busy at the moment that I've got to get time to go in and have a chat to see how I can modify the design to get them easier to make. Plus that was one off despite me saying there would be a number of them.
I'll be up for two Rich at hopefully at a much more reasonable price. :pray:

Ok Chas, I've somewhat confused things here as you mean the Molle panel. I think I had better do a Molle panel buy thread. :)

Ok Chas, I've somewhat confused things here as you mean the Molle panel. I think I had better do a Molle panel buy thread. :)
Yes that's it the Molle panel

It seem your set on naming the doors Rich so how about "Kitlocka"

That's a different slant Shayne. I'll give that some thought.

I think now you come to mention it, I've got so used to calling them Gullwing doors that other names aren't really doing it for me. I've just got to get my head around it.

Kitlocka is catchy I have to admit. I think I like it already and it's only 1 minute in.

Hmm, leave that with me…

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Are you only doing gullwings for the 80 them Rich? If you could/would do some for the 100's I would be in for a pair.

Are you only doing gullwings for the 80 them Rich? If you could/would do some for the 100's I would be in for a pair.
How do the windows fit on the 100 / 105 KB? Is it on rubbers or bonded? I would need to find out. If it's on rubbers then it can almost certainly be done but to get sensible pricing I would need to do at least 5 pairs and have a 105 to work on for a couple of days at least.

How do the windows fit on the 100 / 105 KB? Is it on rubbers or bonded? I would need to find out. If it's on rubbers then it can almost certainly be done but to get sensible pricing I would need to do at least 5 pairs and have a 105 to work on for a couple of days at least.

Iirc its rubber. But will check once I get back this weekend. 105 can be arranged, I suspect its just a 100 window but we can confirm that. However, 5 windows might mean we need a few more people to join up.

The 100 is a side hinged glass flap pulled onto rubber. The glass has 2 hinges attached on the forward side and a catch on the rearward side. The catch pulls the glass against the rubber.

Thanks Jon. Different to the 80 but there may well be a way forward. I'll need a good look to be sure.

Put me down for 2 please Rich. I'll have the flange'd jobbies.

Ok Sam. I should point out that the flanged or framed ones are the only ones I will be making from now on. They are so much more sturdy.

Second production run, put your names down below. Once I get to 3 I will start the ball rolling.

1, Bakkies, pair powder coat framed

Last edited:
Hello Starcruiser,
I am new here. I have been reading the forum a bit and I stopped in these posts, because I am interested in the gull wings (for both sides). I do not know if you are still manufacturing them. Could you please inform me about that?
Thanks,

Hello starcruiser,
I have been reading a bit more and I am interested, as I said before, in both sides, powder coated, etc., together with the molle panels.
My car has slidding windows.
Thank you,

Hello starcruiser,
I have been reading a bit more and I am interested, as I said before, in both sides, powder coated, etc., together with the molle panels.
My car has slidding windows.
Thank you,
Hi LS and welcome. Thanks for your interest. By your flag it looks like you are in Spain, is that correct? Not a problem if you are, if it's the same as France I think it just adds £10 to delivery. As you've probably read, you will need the static window rubbers to enable these to fit in the sliding window apertures

Shall I put your name down for a pair from my next batch? :)

Hi LS and welcome. Thanks for your interest. By your flag it looks like you are in Spain, is that correct? Not a problem if you are, if it's the same as France I think it just adds £10 to delivery. As you've probably read, you will need the static window rubbers to enable these to fit in the sliding window apertures

Shall I put your name down for a pair from my next batch? :)

Hi again,

Yes I need the window rubbers and the coated and everything that you tell me that will be necessary to add it to my car.
I am also interested in the molle panels for both windows.

Yes, I am spanish but I live in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, so the shippment will be more expensive (I am used to it now :cry:).

Please add me to the list for both lists (to the window one and the molle panels one).

Thank you,

The 100 is a side hinged glass flap pulled onto rubber. The glass has 2 hinges attached on the forward side and a catch on the rearward side. The catch pulls the glass against the rubber.

This sounds like the windows in the 120. They have this catch and hinge arrangement. The 105 has panel in rubber seal. No chance of it opening. Will get a pic shortly.

Thanks Jon. Looks like the 105 then does not in fact have the same windows as a 100.

Interesting. Thanks KB. As long as the aperture is the same in the bodywork, and I see no reason at this point that it should not be, then a 105 rubber could be used to fit a solid panel to a 100. In other words, Gullwing doors should be possible on the same basis as the 80. :)

Back