Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series rear Gullwing Doors

I would imagine it's the same aperture and just a spec difference opening vs fixed windows.

Ok Sam. I should point out that the flanged or framed ones are the only ones I will be making from now on. They are so much more sturdy.

Second production run, put your names down below. Once I get to 3 I will start the ball rolling.

Are they all with 2 gas rams now ? What's the cost for a pair in bare metal ?

I've sent you a PM with a few other questions.

They come with just the single gas ram with the door HW. The Molle panel adds the second gas ram. They are IMO perfectly weighted with one ram.

The powder coating is a two stage process with acid etch primer and it does seem to be superb so far. I can knock off £50 for unpainted.

Last edited:
They come with just the single gas ram with the door HW. The Molle panel adds the second gas ram. They are IMO perfectly weighted with one ram.

The powder coating is a two stage process with acid etch primer and it does seem to be superb so far. I can knock off £50 for unpainted.

Second production run

1, Bakkies, pair powder coat framed
2, LandelSur, pair powder coat framed. Molle
3, Hopeless Wanderer, pair powdercoated framed.

Updated list as they are framed only now.

1, Bakkies, pair powder coat
2, LandelSur, pair powder. Molle
3, Hopeless Wanderer, pair powdercoated. Extra rams.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bad day today.

Last week I received the much delayed bill from laser cutting of the Molle panels and Gullwing doors. It was a shock to be honest and I've just been to have a chat with the fabricators. It also highlighted a cock up in my spreadsheet from last batch. It seems I was selling these at a loss of about £4 each without taking into account the time building them up, drawing them, collecting and delivering them and boxing them up to send out. Don't know how it happened but it did.

So, the whole project has cost me so far around £1200 without considering a minute of my time or cost of fuel. And I don't yet have a pair of doors for my 80. I have no idea how much the second batch are going to cost but the bill just for the ally on a trial pair (which was what sparked this off) was far more than I was expecting.

I'm afraid I have no choice but to put the prices up. I'm sorry but I can't go on like this.
I am still waiting for pricing on batches and this should be with me soon.

I am really not a happy bunny at the moment as among other things I'm surrounded by all the parts and boxes which are all bought and paid for.

If anyone wants to take their name off the list I will understand.

Rich

Hi Rich, I don't know how, if at all, this affects the Molle panels but keep my name on for them, and if it helps you out I wouldn't object to a donation to your losses as I have already bought from the first batch.

Thank you Chas. I don't quite know what to say really except that the cock up was mine and I'm not in any way expecting anything from anyone already supplied. It's an incredibly kind offer Chas but I wouldn't dream of it. So that's that.

I will be salvaging what I can from this. A good portion of that loss I will offset and it will diminish over time. I'm mostly really incredibly annoyed that I missed this error.

The Molle panels will continue. I just need to get the pricing sorted from the fabricators.

Bad day today.

Last week I received the much delayed bill from laser cutting of the Molle panels and Gullwing doors. It was a shock to be honest and I've just been to have a chat with the fabricators. It also highlighted a cock up in my spreadsheet from last batch. It seems I was selling these at a loss of about £4 each without taking into account the time building them up, drawing them, collecting and delivering them and boxing them up to send out. Don't know how it happened but it did.

So, the whole project has cost me so far around £1200 without considering a minute of my time or cost of fuel. And I don't yet have a pair of doors for my 80. I have no idea how much the second batch are going to cost but the bill just for the ally on a trial pair (which was what sparked this off) was far more than I was expecting.

I'm afraid I have no choice but to put the prices up. I'm sorry but I can't go on like this.

I am really not a happy bunny at the moment as among other things I'm surrounded by all the parts and boxes which are all bought and paid for.

Rich

No worries Rich.
Keep my name on the list and give me a figure when you've worked one out.

Bad day today.

Rich

All good Rich. Please let me know what sort of uplift we're talking about as soon as possible. Depending when they're ready, I might be able to collect them. Save you some hassle..

Rich, my truck will be in the show arena next week at the show so you'd better let me have some revised pricing and contact details etc so I know what to say to people wanting them when they see mine all up and illuminated.

I've been asking for pricing from the fabricators since you had the prototype Chris. Last time on Tuesday. I will hassle them again on Monday. I'm getting pretty fed up with asking to be honest.

Last edited:
Well I can take names at least

Had a really weird conversation and emails with my fabricator. Not at all friendly. Suffice to say I've paid up and turned my back. I know the CNC punch is arcaic by comparison to laser cutting but they're really good guys, keen to help and they did the last batch well. So it's back to my original fabricators who welcomed me with open arms (well nearly).

5 months to get a price…:angry-screaming: Nah, sorry, I've had it! I'm walking!! :angry-banghead:

Back