Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series wind deflectors

Hi Andy,

We don't have parcelforce in the Republic of Ireland but I will check with the post office. I've just checked the PM you sent me on the 17/10 and in fact you didn't ask me to check with the post office. I did ask you in my PM of 10/11 to.... "Please chase up from your end." Have you done this?

If the parcel was properly addressed, and I don't doubt that it was, there would be no reason for the parcel not to be delivered. I am well known to the post man and the post office.

Gary

Hi Andy,

I brought your picture of the parcel to the post office this morning. The post mistress said nothing like it was there. They don't hold onto parcels, they simply deliver them. If it was incorrectly or badly labelled it would not have come there in the first place.

She said the only way to address this matter was from the source. It's over to you Andy and of course feel free to bring this to PM.

Gary

Of course she would say that. I will go to the post office on monday and take it further.

Well Gary, having been to the Post office and enquired about the possible whereabouts of your parcel I got a similar response that it should be checked up at your end as once it has left the PO it is out of their hands. Since it can't be tracked on the tariff it was posted on, (£30 vs £65) and it can't be tracked outside the UK anyway then I don't know where they could have gone astray. I'm pretty sure I am capable of transferring an address from a PM to a large label written with a permanent marker pen. Just one question, do you not have postcodes in Ireland as there wasn't one on the address you gave me.

Andy

Andy,

No, we don't have postcodes. I'm pretty sure I am I am capable of giving my correct address. As a last resort I will talk to the postman to see if he can get to someone in a sorting office with a picture of the parcel.

Can you forward me a scan of the receipt you got from the post office please?

Feel free to bring this to PM.

Gary

Andy,

I have spoken to my local postman. He put me in touch with the local sorting office. There is nothing there for me or anything that looks like the parcel you posted.

I was then put onto the national enquiry centre and they say, and insist, that the only way to attempt to resolve this is for....

"The sender to raise an official enquiry with the postal service of origin". Can you do this please?

I asked in my last post if you would forward me a scan of the receipt you got from the post office. I still haven't received that from you.

Feel free to bring this to PM.

Gary

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gary,

Despite an extensive search in my office ( and everywhere else) this receipt had alluded me, and whilst it is possible to get a duplicate within 19 days the time has passed for me to get one. This doesn't prove I didn't post it, only that I can't prove I did..
Since the tariff chosen was a non trackable one, due to cost my enquiries at my end pretty much end when I posted it.

I will visit my post office again tomorrow and see about this " official enquiry" and see where this gets us.

Andy

Andy,

Can you let me know what transpired when you called into the post office last Tuesday please?

Gary

Andy,

When you didn't reply to my last post (#28 above), I searched the web until I found your phone number. I called you on Saturday 6th December, exactly one week ago. I introduced myself and we talked for a few minutes.

You told me that the matter of the missing wind deflectors was constantly on your mind. I was surprised to hear that because it seemed to me that you weren't doing a lot to get it off your mind. I asked you to please visit your post office and put in a query. You promised, again, to do that first thing on Monday morning 8th December. You took my phone numbers and when we finished our call I was happy that all would be well.

Today, exactly a week after speaking to you, I have had absolutely no contact from you. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. I honestly felt you were going to do something about it.

You posted the parcel before you were paid and I thought this was very trusting of you. I immediately paid you through paypal and I also made sure you got the full amount by paying the paypal fees. This forum is beginning to get a reputation for members purchasing items from other members and ending up with nothing to show for their money. You are not helping to dispel that reputation.

People have spoken up for you here in this thread and you are letting them down terribly. You are also letting yourself down.

I paid you for the goods and to deliver them to me. I have received nothing for my money and I therefore now ask you for a full refund please.

Gary

@AndycruiserguyLomas......

I alerted you that the wind deflectors hadn't arrived after two weeks.

Today, having returned from my trip and seven weeks since you posted them, they still haven't arrived. I sent you a PM ten days ago also.

Can I ask you to read it and respond please?

Did you have a house minder when you were away for 5 weeks??

Are you sure that they were delivered and picked up by someone whilst away?

Just trying to find out some background information as Andy is a good friend of mine and he is not letting me down here.

Did you have a house minder when you were away for 5 weeks??

Are you sure that they were delivered and picked up by someone whilst away?

Just trying to find out some background information as Andy is a good friend of mine and he is not letting me down here.

Yes, my family was in the house as normal. I have spoken to the postman, he knows me well, I know him well (small rural community). He did not deliver the parcel. He has seen a picture of the parcel. He was on duty for the entire time I was away.

I'm from a similar community Gar i once gave a biker i'd never met before and would never meet again because he was on holiday for the TT 20 quid so could stay and enjoy the craic when a handful of us got locked in a pub . About 3 weeks later i got a letter addressed to Shayne lives in Peel somewhere with the 20 in it . By the same lackadaisical guidelines i've had parcels arrive 2 years over due , parcels that the post office were adamant did not exist when i was waiting for them . Life's like that and the likelihood is they are sitting on a shelf at an airport and they will stay there until somebody is ordered to clean up .

When it comes to Andy, he's a man of his word, no ifs or buts. As straight as they come and utterly dependable, so I'm with Shayne and its sat somewhere in the Postal void.

A mate of mine worked for the Royal Mail in the parcel sorting hub, the stories he can tell are appalling, I'm surprised that any parcels ever make their destination.

I hear what ye are saying but why the broken promises? Why no action or contact from Andy?

I can only go on what Andy tells me he will do. I expect him to do it. When he doesn't, I get concerned.

From what I read on Parcel Force's website, compensation can be claimed when a parcel goes astray. My concern is that Andy is letting too much time elapse without taking any action in that regard.

Last edited:
Andys not letting me down either !

Andy Is one of the few I would lend anything to on this forum. When I say anything I mean anything. He is one of the good guys.

I can't really pass comment on the situation with this as it wasn't me that had sent something out. Just glad it's not me having to deal with it I have far too much going on to have to deal with things like this.

One thing to ad Gary.

How long has this forum had the reputation you talk about?

I obviously buy and sell a fair bit here and in other places. Yes I have issues when I buy or sell as any person/business does. I Personally don't put it on a public forum though.

I Personally don't put it on a public forum though.

Karl, I asked Andy through this thread to respond to my PM. Andy chose to answer on this public forum. I suggested to Andy a few times to bring it back to PMs but he didn't.

As it is on an open forum, here's my pennyworth.

A agreed with B to provide goods at an agreed price.

A asked what postage to use, recorded or standard.

B chose standard, A dispatches by standard, so B assumed the risk of non, late or damaged delivery.

B pays A.

B doesn't receive the goods, risk is with him.

A has has satisfied all obligations under the deal, nothing more for A to do. Anything A does from now on is a token of goodwill, therefore B should not be complaining about A.

I know neither A or B personally, but from this forum, both appear to be decent chaps.

IMO, either holding the other "responsible" is out of order, the problem lies with the Post Office, and only B has cause for complaint to the Postal service.

pennyworth over.

Why not phone the airport its worth a punt they are so competent they can lose whole planes but sometimes an introduction along the lines of " hiya love its probably not your job but i wonder if you can do me a favour" gets a response from a human being .

Back