Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A bit quiet on here

Oh it's not bad.
It's just a case of doing some re learning.
You all learned how to work the old site, so your 90% there into working the new site.
OK, it's not every body's cup of tea, but it will be, just a little patience.
I think Crispin has been working his asse off, and has had many a late night, and worry over how we will react.
Good job Crispin, you have dome miraculous.

Gra.

don't like this new site .... if it aint broke !
Go back to old site

What some forget (or perhaps never understand in the first place) is that there's 2 sides to a forum - what you see out here, and what the admins see to make the site run.

Whilst the "outside world" may not appear to see much difference/benefit in practical terms, a change of software can make things a whole lot easier to keep it all running in the long term.

People will get use to it. I use about 30-40 forums and no two are the same. The only think I have a sort of problem with is, the change in types when it show new posts on a section of the forum. Light/darker they are to close to the same. I have this problem as i am colour blind. I know with some forums the user can change the colour scheme.

Just arrived, so lets try and figure this new forum out... New generally means better, it just takes a little time to figure it all out...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Unfortunately Geordie - what you could see wasn't broken, but I now understand that behind the scenes it was fit to bust. Held together with baling twine and sticky-backed plastic. We didn't move primarily because we didn't like the look of the old place; it was the dry rot and woodworm that was the problem

Chris

Yup, not going to go back to the old one so we can all stop asking for it. As has been pointed out, there are a number of reasons for changing and very few of those are visible to the users. But changed it has and changed it will stay.

I am working through a lot of the "issues" slowly but surely. Always open to constructive criticism and there has been a lot of it which is cool and we'll be a better place for it but please remember, you are getting what you pay for. This is a free forum which is run by people spending their own time and money (both own and donations) to make it tick. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the pot then please keep quiet and sod off.

Thanks
/rant.

Paul,

Agreed on the colours. I have it on my list. It's near on impossible to tell the icons apart.

Paul,

Agreed on the colours. I have it on my list. It's near on impossible to tell the icons apart.

:p

PS why does a reply have to be at least 10 characters long? (I had to add this to get the post on).

Yup, not going to go back to the old one so we can all stop asking for it. As has been pointed out, there are a number of reasons for changing and very few of those are visible to the users. But changed it has and changed it will stay.

I am working through a lot of the "issues" slowly but surely. Always open to constructive criticism and there has been a lot of it which is cool and we'll be a better place for it but please remember, you are getting what you pay for. This is a free forum which is run by people spending their own time and money (both own and donations) to make it tick. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the pot then please keep quiet and sod off.

Thanks
/rant.
I have to say I agree, Cris has put a lot of work into this (which he is doing for our benefit)
Give it a minute and TRY to get used to it. As many people have said this software is well used through out the web, there must be a pretty good reason why people buy it over the free ones, lets keep an open mind and let it develop

Yep, we're certainly getting there. The more you use it the more you get used to it. Snagging seems to be going extremely well Crispin. Great work. You aren't coming to Lincomb til it's all done though!!

Chris

I must say I haven't been able to have a good play with it since the move to the new site but having had a go at it this morning it is really great. The more I look around the more I like it. I had trouble finding all the new updated threads on the old site (perhaps I hadn't quite set it up right :( ) but on this one I can see all the new daily updates straight away.

Excellent job Crispin. I'm certainly impressed with this. :clap:

Back