Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A cheap landcruiser ?

smallzoo

Country Flag
uk
Is it possible to pick up a well maintained , no rusty, 120 for under £5k in the UK. It does seem that anything that cheap has had a hard life or poor history
cheers

As has been mentioned in the other thread you started smallzoo, look in 120 series, a member/enthusuast is selling his, might be an opportune moment for both of you.

think he's referring to this one

I did contact him on FB. Nice guy but to me the corrosion mentioned on the last 2 or 3 MOT's put me off. It's already had welding done in 2022 and 2023.

Thanks anyway

Look at it a other way - If the welding has been done, its welding you don't have to do. If its been done properly it will be as good as or better than original

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
smallzoo, you are quite right, you are in the 120 forum, the 120 for sale is not, sorry.

Agree with karl2000, but understand where you are coming from.

At that price and If it's in your area, worth a look to get a feel, as any others you see you will be going in blind in some respects where faults are not mentioned on mot or by seller, take the mot as a guide only as they can and have made serious omissions and statements sometimes, as have sellers with something to hide.
I know it can be daunting (we have all been there) but checking for yourself in person with an open mind on anything that you think might do will confirm. You will quickly know it measures up.

Members don't offer to other members with known/undisclosed faults, whereas buying from an 'unknown' could be a worse choice, and some have looked at many, many, before making choice.

Being realistic, are you expecting to find a corrosion/weld/fault free example of any series, especially a 120 ?

Its very rare to find any of older cruisers especially, (and sometimes much newer) corrosion/weld free at the price you have in mind, unless it is an import from warmer/salt free climes for more money, or has been looked after top AND bottom from the start, or close to.
Just saying.....your money, your choice.

Good luck with your search.

Very true but people did say that about my xtrail. I bought a 2007 model with no rust or problems for £2300. I can keep hoping !

Xtrail, wash your mouth out. Lol. Why do you want to out it in favour of a Landcruiser ?

Different kettle of fish, different prices, but hey, each to their own.

I needed some spacious quick and I came across, sadly I've had mechanical problems with it and I'd sooner spend the money on an LC rather than keep it going

Whats the old xtrails like?

I used to like the look of the pathfinder back in the day.

Xtrail looks like a quasqui now!

I understand now why you want a landcruiser - Reliability is the key !

Last edited:
I wanted a tough.durable.reliable 4x4 and to me the 120 has met all my requirements and expectations.
Now the 120's are excellent value for money and if I needed another one I'd first look on this forum.
Good luck in your search.

The only way for a land cruiser to be cheap cheap is that the seller is either a bird or has no idea what it's worth! :think: :laughing-rolling::thumbup:

Toolsplus, same here - even though overall, I've spent more than what it's worth.

Iwan, didnt you get one better than cheap ?

Maybe Higgy would consider Fast but dim's 120, he always regretted getting rid of his, lol.

Look..we all want something for nothing and I'm worse than most..

I dont mind it being battered or bruised as long as its not a rot box and reliable.

Wrongly I was hoping I could get a sub £4k LC to use as a second car but I think because its a sort after and reliable model I'm going to have to spend more or look for something else ..damn...

thanks for all your comments so far

Is it possible to pick up a well maintained , no rusty, 120 for under £5k in the UK. It does seem that anything that cheap has had a hard life or poor history
cheers

Mines not rusty BTW... It's 20 years old and has had a few small patches that I've had repaired by a professional.

I challenge anyone to find one with a better service history, or that's had an easier life.

Every bill, over serviced, 40 mile daily motorway commute, with the odd long trip towing a small caravan.

Back