Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Check injectors?

Sent that upto the mechanics they said its been closed off at the engine side and they would check the side out at the erg valve.

I'm looking a double din radio and about to order one with a camera

Do you need a fassia cover or will it just slot stright in?

Thats my old radio.

Attachments

• IMG-20230513-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230513-WA0003.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 29
I put a Sony double DIN one in mine, it was a tiny bit too small so I made a black frame using the cover from a Tesco's note book - looks perfect!

Got the leak sorted was that black pipe on intercooler needed a wrench up.

Hole blanked off now.

Techstream setup I'm stuck at the open page basically with no clue.

There's a few drop down menus I know the engine is a 1kd-ftv but there's a few other options on the drop down I just selected one and tried my luck. I can't get any live engine data just yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20230708_160650.jpg
    IMG_20230708_160650.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20230708_160635.jpg
    IMG_20230708_160635.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 24
I think you double click on engine to get into the engine ECU

Then I think theres a live data button on the left? (From memory, havent used it for a bit!)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Think I got some data up here.

It shows some injector data no idea if its good or bad.

Attachments

• IMG_20230708_185328.jpg
    IMG_20230708_185328.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 31
Make sure its fully warmed up before you check, coolant at 82/83 whatever it is, then try and get a clear pic of that whole screen

The coolant was at like 86 I think,
Make sure its fully warmed up before you check, coolant at 82/83 whatever it is, then try and get a clear pic of that whole screen

what should it be?

It was hard to get a picture there without glare hence the shit angle. il try again at night can't be any glare then.

There could be a output to pdf on it somewhere that be handy.

I think the coolant is 80 on there? Needs to be 82 or 83 I think.

Pic doesn't need to be perfect just try and get all the numbers in, or take two pics one of each column of numbers - they're all handy to see.

Also make sure engine is idling, everything is turned off (lights. Blower, Aircon, radio). Is it a manual or auto?

I think the coolant is 80 on there? Needs to be 82 or 83 I think.

Pic doesn't need to be perfect just try and get all the numbers in, or take two pics one of each column of numbers - they're all handy to see.

Also make sure engine is idling, everything is turned off (lights. Blower, Aircon, radio). Is it a manual or auto?
Right il try that, It's an automatic

Think I've got some readings when the coolant temp over 80 had to rev it a bit to keep it there.

Had to take a few pictures glare is awfull.

Attachments

• IMG_20230709_154146.jpg
    IMG_20230709_154146.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230709_154141.jpg
    IMG_20230709_154141.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20230709_154136.jpg
    IMG_20230709_154136.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 22
Pics look alright (we can make the numbers out!) but it needs to be idling to check the numbers, so cant be revving it up. If your coolant doesnt reach 82/83, is your thermostat opening too early? If 80 is the highest you can get on idle, post that and we'll have a look!

Il drive around this time with the laptop so I can just plug it stright in and take a reading at idle.

Was looking at that YouTube channel fourbyfourdesiel he's some information on there about these engines.

Going by what he's saying my injectors are probably gone.

My mechanic says wait till she's blowing smoke hard to start causing some other problem.

Id say if there nearly gone I'd just change them on my own terms at a time that suits me.

Repost the figures as Karl says first.
Not sure that your mechanic understands d4d engines and other closely related items/problems with these engines/ injectors. Its not just the injectors that need considering there are seals and washers. The original washers were the ' wrong' type later changed by Toyota.
Personally I wouldnt be waiting for it to be blowing smoke/hard to start/other problems, while that is happening It may have blow by happening and clogging your oil pickup strainer, then injectors will be the least of your problems.

Repost the figures as Karl says first.
Not sure that your mechanic understands d4d engines and other closely related items/problems with these engines/ injectors. Its not just the injectors that need considering there are seals and washers. The original washers were the ' wrong' type later changed by Toyota.
Personally I wouldnt be waiting for it to be blowing smoke/hard to start/other problems, while that is happening It may have blow by happening and clogging your oil pickup strainer, then injectors will be the least of your problems.
I will try the figures tomorrow.

We didn't have anything on the pick up strainer when we changed the oil out, but we will have if these injectors are on the way out.

I'm not going to wait until she's blowing smoke il get a set for it stick them in.

I bought the cruiser thinking I'd have to spend a few pounds on her.

Sounds good, don't forget all the other parts injector wise which youbt will need to do at the same time, and make sure you get/are supplied with the right part numbers relating to your cruiser.
Might be obvious, but someone else was given the wrong ones.

Sounds good, don't forget all the other parts injector wise which youbt will need to do at the same time, and make sure you get/are supplied with the right part numbers relating to your cruiser.
Might be obvious, but someone else was given the wrong ones.
Are them denso injectors the ones to go for or any complete kits you can buy.

Denso are original replacement injectors.
I don't know of any kits available, I think most source the genuine parts from different suppliers, getting the best price they can here and there, as considerable cost is involved.
Some sellers of genuine injectors still supply them with copper washers, which is where problems have arisen, make sure you get the aluminium type that are the later Toyota version.

These readings are after a long run out.
The coolant temp seems high.

The heater in the cabin is blowing cold air.

Checked the coolant tank at the side of the radiator nothing in that so I must have a leak somewhere.

The gauge in the dash for engine temp hardly moves.

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_183528.jpg
    IMG_20230715_183528.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 14
Back