Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Check injectors?

This was taking about ten minutes after with the engine off.

The coolant temp dropped down.

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_185622.jpg
    IMG_20230715_185622.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 30
I think the coolant leak is the main thing to sort here! Is your header tank totally empty? Get that sorted before you cook the engine!!!!

As for injectors, had a look at the first set of numbers (with the high temp) and I dont think they look too bad. Your calculated load is 20%, on new injectors its supposed to be about 11-12 I think. So the engine is working harder. Injection volume and main injection period is higher than it should be, but everything else looks alright to me - so as Mr fourby4diesel would say, not catastrophic but start saving!

Focus on that coolant problem first!!!!!

I think the coolant leak is the main thing to sort here! Is your header tank totally empty? Get that sorted before you cook the engine!!!!

As for injectors, had a look at the first set of numbers (with the high temp) and I dont think they look too bad. Your calculated load is 20%, on new injectors its supposed to be about 11-12 I think. So the engine is working harder. Injection volume and main injection period is higher than it should be, but everything else looks alright to me - so as Mr fourby4diesel would say, not catastrophic but start saving!

Focus on that coolant problem first!!!!!
Header tank to the left of the radiator empty!!!!

Im going to fix that coolant leak this week my mechanic gona be sick of me but at least I'm looking at this stuff rather than waiting for a bang.

I need that gauge on the dash looked at.

That was my first long drive today.

I have the injector fund started, fancy radio on hold.
Are injector cleaners any good to use in the mean time?

Has that tank always been empty? Maybe it just wants topping up? As I'm sure you know coolant normally leaves stains when it leaks so you might be able to get some clues having a good look.

Frst thing I'd do is check the hoses around all the connections then top it up and see how long it takes to leak. Has the water pump been replaced? Maybe they just didn't top it up and bleed it properly

Once you've sorted any obvious leaks you'll probably want to pressure test the coolant system to make sure it's holding pressure, and also get a sniffer on there to check for exhaust gases if it's not obvious where all the coolant went! Sure your mechanic will sort all that out unless you're in the tool buying mood :cool:

Has that tank always been empty? Maybe it just wants topping up? As I'm sure you know coolant normally leaves stains when it leaks so you might be able to get some clues having a good look.

Frst thing I'd do is check the hoses around all the connections then top it up and see how long it takes to leak. Has the water pump been replaced? Maybe they just didn't top it up and bleed it properly
Water pump was not replaced.

I did top that tank off a few weeks back when I was checking the oil dip stick.

Should have checked this morning before I headed off to be honest.
I'd say I've a leak hopefully nothing major. Il check tomorrow il top up the tank after checking pipes.

I orderd a low pressure line for the aircon I went to top the gas up again after installing a new condensor unit and that pipe was gone. Had to get that from a online site from Japan.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Here it is

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230716_110433_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230716_110433_Gallery.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 22
Here it is
I checked round that water pump.

Can't see the weep hole on the top of this water pump. Picture attached.

The header tank seams to let out like a bit of air like a puff wheni shut the engine off almost like it's wheezing is it not a closed system.

Found a leaking pipe underneath also it's oil looks like a clip is missing.

Attachments

• IMG_20230716_105200.jpg
    IMG_20230716_105200.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20230716_114440.jpg
    IMG_20230716_114440.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 20
It's a closed system but it's under pressure so you can expect a bit of a pop/wheeze when you take the cap off.

Also the header tank caps do fail on these, you can pressure test it but they're cheap enough

Did you find a pipe leaking coolant? Once theres an oil leak it tends to get everywhere!

It's a closed system but it's under pressure so you can expect a bit of a pop/wheeze when you take the cap off.

Also the header tank caps do fail on these, you can pressure test it but they're cheap enough

Did you find a pipe leaking coolant? Once theres an oil leak it tends to get everywhere!
It's wheezing away with the cap on every 3mins it let's bit of air out I only heard it after I've shut the engine off its faint.

The oil leak is underneeth one pipe coming from around the big fan cover.
I pushed the pipe around and it started to drip more. Might just need clip?

Attachments

• IMG_20230716_105200.jpg
    IMG_20230716_105200.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 20
If your hearing it with the cap on id replace the cap - it might be releasing pressure too early.

I can't put those hoses in context - can't see underneath mine because the bash plate is on. Is that big hose the bottom hose from the radiator to the engine block?

You think oil is leaking from one of those hoses? Any idea what kind of oil it is?

There's also a smaller diameter hose between the header tank and the engine block - worth checking that for leaks. I remember taking that off (and the bottom radiator hose) when I changed the coolant

Poked around that pipe more leads up to the radiator to left hand side.

Looks like a tiny crack and a very small leak.

The over flow spills over it and thats why I thought it was damp. Plus there's waxoil and lanogurad all over.

Attachments

• IMG_20230716_132756.jpg
    IMG_20230716_132756.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20230716_132623.jpg
    IMG_20230716_132623.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 19
That looks like one of the ATF cooler lines I think? Might be worth checking the ATF level once you've replaced it!
That pipe leads down close to the transmission along with another one.

Il get the fluid atf oil checked we did change the fluid there back a few weeks.

I got the pipe on and the cap changed on the header tank.

The tanks sitting on low right now I've a gallon of coolant in the back I'm going to keep checking the levels as I go about I've a big run next week so il know then.

I put some injector cleaner in also probably not help much. The funds started hope to get the injectors done next year.

I was looking at a odb gauge for the dash, Ultra Gauge to keep an eye on coolant temperature my gauge on the dash never moves.

Although standard gauges may not be 100%, if yours doesnt move at all, look at why.
When you say it never moves, do you mean from the moment you turn on and running, (with a warm/hot engine of course) ?
Mine never moves once up to temperature, but it moves getting there.

Although standard gauges may not be 100%, if yours doesnt move at all, look at why.
When you say it never moves, do you mean from the moment you turn on and running, (with a warm/hot engine of course) ?
Mine never moves once up to temperature, but it moves getting there.
When I first turn the key the gauge moves up. Then it sits in the same spot by eye anyway until I turn the engine off.

Techstream was showing different temperatures when I used it so the sensor must be working.

I thought when I was low on coolant the gauge might have showed higher.

Back