Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Check injectors?

Right I've got the cable for techstream.
Getting the software on the go, I can't mess any up with this can I?

If I can just take the readings and post them here be great.

Also wanted my mechanic to clean the egr valve but I've seen a video online of how to clean it and I might be able to handle that.

And my mechanic stuck the condensor in will try the aircon test or gas again

You wont mess anything up on the car with it, you can change things but you have to jump through at least 50 hoops so its unlikely to be something you'd do by accident!

Make sure you dont put it on your normal laptop that you use for your normal internet /banking etc - these dodgy copies of techstream cant be trusted and nobody knows what theyre doing to your computer.

You're probably better cleaning the EGR yourself, its one of those jobs where its worth spending time to make a good job of it, and when you're paying for someone elses time it ends up as a big bill and you dont know exactly whats been done :-(

Agree. I have gone back and forth in Techstream, while trying to figure out where I want to be, and the only problem has been me. You have to know what you're doing to alter things, haha.

Clean out that egr, throttle body and inlet manifold yourself, it's labour intensive so why pay someone else ?
Make sure you have some sort of container if you don't have a parts washer, a couple of paint brushes, gloves and some paraffin/diesel for washing, and plenty of rags.
There will most likely be thick, black gunge in there, just go steady in the throttle body.

I've took the cover off to look for the oil leak it's damp under that black pipe in the picture.

It also looks like I'm missing a part there's a flange that looks like it needs a part bolted to it or a cover plate surely it's not just open like that it's also caked with black gunk on the inside the flange.

Attachments

• IMG_20230703_194823.jpg
    IMG_20230703_194823.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230703_194650.jpg
    IMG_20230703_194650.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 22
Where is that second photo from, can you zoom out or give a bit more context?

Where is that second photo from, can you zoom out or give a bit more context?
Thats just under the black pipe I've my finger on in the first picture in the last post.

I've added some more pictures. Could it be missing the egr cooling pipe?

Attachments

• IMG_20230622_193155.jpg
    IMG_20230622_193155.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230622_193216.jpg
    IMG_20230622_193216.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is the EGR cooler - have you got that?!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230704_085336_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230704_085336_Gallery.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 17
Unbelieveable !
Obviously previous owner didn't have a clue if the cooler has been removed leaving open orfices, and I'm surprised it ran properly.

I would check the brakes if I were you NC3.0, to see what else is missing ?

It's hard to get a proper picture here intercooler in the way.

It's missing alright.

How the check engine light wasn't on with a bit missing is puzzling.

Only I'm taking a interest in this machine I would have been driving away with that hole from now till gods knows when.

I went looking for a leaking pipe or gasket and found that flange with nothing bolted to it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_192529.jpg
    IMG_20230704_192529.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20230704_192541.jpg
    IMG_20230704_192541.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 14
So your egr valve has got a similar flange on the bottom of it wot normally bolts to the end of the egr cooler - is that open too or is it blocked?

So your egr valve has got a similar flange on the bottom of it wot normally bolts to the end of the egr cooler - is that open too or is it blocked?
I can't really see in past that flange.
I did try to pry at it, seems on firm like it's bolted.

I can't see were the egr coolers other end connects to there's no hoses hanging about or openings I can see.

I'm going to flick through the books for it that are on the fourm link just to school myself on how it all works.

It's going back to the mechanics on Thursday morning and I've sourced a egr cooler for it just need to make a list of what parts we need before hand.

I'm interested to know why someone would remove this part and leave that open seems crazy.

Back