Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventure Overland Show 2016, at Stratford race course, Sept 24-25

So.

Havent touched the truck since the last trip. Had to first find all the stuff in the house. Then load up. Leaving now, via sainsburys, cyalls inabit

Very envious..... Pity I have a friends wedding on Saturday otherwise I would be coming up tonight!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Morning of cruisers 20160924_081743.jpg

Wont make this one unfortunatly, too much to do, ( just got back from Cheshire) but I hope you guys who have made it have a ball.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We just got home, nice to meet you Chris and KB! We had a great day out, so many nice things to look at, my feet are aching. Bought the 10l Ridge Monkey water container I've been after cheaper than online so that was a success.

Shame we weren't camping for the weekend, I think we'll do that next year, looks great fun.

Steve.

I have a photo taken to GeekOKent's left, but it's wide and contains registration plates, ok to post?

popped over yesterday, only recognised Chris so said hello and had an oggle of his spiffing trailer, lovely bit of work there :thumbup:

I estimate there were only 120-150 cars in the day visitors carpark all afternoon, can't be good for the vendors, seemed even quieter than last yr!

hey all, good to see the club there, apologies didn't come introduce myself. 1st time at the show myself so good fun seeing it all, however I was surprised there was no signs up for it coming into the area. the old chap at the entrance made us laugh though, jolly fella barking at people :smile:

Well I was there Pumpy though was probably still very hungover and laying in bed

Me too, but probably having breakfast, trawling round the stands or something. Sorry I missed you. Tom was, definitely worse for wear when he emerged. I almost didn't recognise you Tom.

It was great to meet up with everybody again and some new faces. Sorry if there's anyone I missed or didn't put a name to, the day went so quickly.

To see the kids playing and running around was a joy. I should have got more photos especially of Anneka flaked out on Chris's shoulder.

Thanks too to Chris for pointing a gent in my direction who bought the last of the first batch of the Gullwing doors. Also to Stu for very neatly pointing out the benefits of the Howling Moon roof tent over the copies. I think Lynn was even impressed enough to raise her reluctant camper score to -500 from -60,000. There's work to be done but we may actually get there, when the Windows, kitchen, bathroom, loo, lounge and front garden are done, so not such an up hill battle as i thought.

:)

Guys, that was a fantabulous weekend. Brilliant. What a laugh. Sorry, was there a show? Didn't really notice. The show vehicle show ground camp site was enough for me. Some new members with lovely ironmongery.

We even turned a couple of Landie lads I think. Just waiting for my consultants fee from Metalian Trailers...

Rich, nice cider. Thanks that went down lovely with a pork pie

Thanks everyone for making it down. Apologies for the exit on Saturday evening, the girls were both starting to get un well ( first weeks of being back at school, they seem to just be picking up all the bugs ).

Inspite of the few bumps in the organisation at the site, it was a great break and wonderful conversations. Pretty sure we added a few newcomers to the forum as well.

The camping sites and the clubs area did indeed look larger and busier around, but the vendors seem to have stayed away - far fewer this year compared with last year.

Best part was the conversations though.

Lets see if they do another show next year....

Regards,

Glad they found a good home next to the pie Chris. Thank you.

I think we may have a new member in the chap that had the gullwings.

I actually enjoyed the show. There was a fabulous Scammel Explorer in REME livery. And I reckon the biggest truck was a huge Russian 6 wheeler. A Zil perhaps, not sure. There were definitely less stands than last year. Some new ones, some revisits and some that didn't show.
I got a bargain Jet boil, some bits and bobs, Tom's air compressor, and a Coleman stove (on the way home). :) Happy days.

Called in on Saturday. Spotted Chris' LC but couldn't find him anywhere.

Enjoyed the day, some great trucks there...... especially the 70 series with the camper box on the back that was near to Stans sales pitch.

Back