Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventure Overland Show 2016, at Stratford race course, Sept 24-25

The Scammel, later on, must have been giving rides because it spent most of the afternoon blasting up and down the perimeter at full blast.

Paul, sorry to have missed you mate. I didn't stry far, but did want to see the show and took an opportunity when I got the break. It was pretty busy all weekend.

did anyone attend the seminars? I did a couple talks in the map room but the tiny map given on the leaflet didn't show where seminars was being held.

I had a great weekend, thanks to all those involved. The only let down was sitting on the m40 for half an hour on the way home engine switched off and nobody moving. Looking forward to the next meet and more of that venison stew! :)

Was a damn fine stew. But I have to say I love your chicken wings mate. Just the best I have ever tasted and that's no lie.

Aww, thanks Chris. There'll be plenty of them next month.

The Scammel, later on, must have been giving rides because it spent most of the afternoon blasting up and down the perimeter at full blast.

It had a 6 cylinder Cummins turbo lump in it so it was probably relatively frugal on fuel with plenty of power I would imagine. Love the things. Have done from a kid.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Land Cruiser gathering is what makes the Stratford show what it is for us, the show could be done in less than a day, the gathering makes it a week-end worth going for. The chat, the camerarderie, meeting old friends making new ones and to share that oh so tasty venison stew cooked by the man who actually shot it was one of the highlights for me, another was getting some things I've wanted at a reasonable price, Escape Gear canvas seat covers and a few other bits and pieces.

Sunset at Stratford.

Stratford sunset.jpg

I had a great weekend, thanks to all those involved. The only let down was sitting on the m40 for half an hour on the way home engine switched off and nobody moving. Looking forward to the next meet and more of that venison stew! :)

was that you in the silver/grey 80 bombing it down towards London bound?

Nick's in a green mean machine. Not silver and grey.

Yeah, no bombing it till I got to the a41 and then got stuck behind some knob who stayed in the outside lane from Aylesbury to watford

Might have been me on Sunday afternoon, good to meet a few of you, enjoyed the show, shame I couldn't bring the Land cruiser in beside the club stand.
Which would have been easy I think, to drive towards the exit and then drive in!!

I popped down for the Saturday. It was a good day. I got talking to a chap with a D4D 90 with tanks on the bonnet.

I popped down for the Saturday. It was a good day. I got talking to a chap with a D4D 90 with tanks on the bonnet.

Was that on the uk overlanders pitch? I was wondering what that big box on the hood was all about.

Reading this over lunch, not envious at all, wouldn't want to meet all you yobbo's anyway, all that nonsence natter, beers, BBQ and campfire banter.

Load of humbug!

:icon-cry:

Like I said, sounds like it turned out to be really boring, glad I didn't make the effort...

Dunno what all the fuss was about!

:cry:

Like I said, sounds like it turned out to be really boring, glad I didn't make the effort...

Dunno what all the fuss was about!

:cry:
You'd have hated it Clive…
Besides, Tom had enough to worry about without adding Palinka to the mix. :obscene-drinkingbu:

I spoke to a new member on here at the show how mentioned they hado a Audi allroad he would be selling soon.

Sorry I totally forgot got your name can you get in touch please.

IMG_1336.JPG

LC crew pitching up - Saturday morning - view from the roof of the Sprinter... ;-)

You'd have hated it Clive…
Besides, Tom had enough to worry about without adding Palinka to the mix. :obscene-drinkingbu:

Ha ha... there's another brew in the making just now...

The plums are well into ferment and the apples will be going in, in the next week or two. There will be 4 x 225 lt barrels brimming ready to make 60 lt or thereabouts of Țuică (about 30 proof) then half of that will go round the still once or twice more to produce 10-15 lt of pălincă.

Back