Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

After change batteries car won’t start

Please try TractionMan's idea first to disconnect the batteries and let the ECU reset.

Next step I personally would get the codes read to see if its an immobiliser problem, before going any futher.

However there is a procedure to resync the immobiliser and engine ECU by shorting two pins together on the OBD connector and waiting half an hour or so. See this thread:

Make sure your batteries are connected and youre satisfied with the connections then try a jump start off another vehicle, if your batteries are not what they seem, the extra power may do it.

I used booster power to start. Still nothing

Last edited by a moderator:
Please try TractionMan's idea first to disconnect the batteries and let the ECU reset.

Next step I personally would get the codes read to see if its an immobiliser problem, before going any futher.

However there is a procedure to resync the immobiliser and engine ECU by shorting two pins together on the OBD connector and waiting half an hour or so. See this thread:

Ok . I’m trying tomorrow

I done exactly what you wrote
Still nothing
My device obd2 not works with Toyota so I can’t check engine errors codes but I recorded videos starting engine. On the first video I start engine first master key
On The second video I put the second master key

Attachments

• IMG_3323.mp4
    944.3 KB
  • IMG_3325.mp4
    3 MB
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi again Tero, well there is certainly enough grunting your batteries.
An odd one this, non start after changing batteries. I had no batteries at all on mine for 4/6 weeks and it started instantly, I put new on.
Clutching at straws, can you push up and down on the primer on top of fuel filter housing, it should be hard.
I am thinking air in system when you removed screw from pump. If you can pump the primer, pump,until hard, then try to start.

Watching your video again, IF there is air in system, pump till hard then turn the engine over for a longer period, The very short time you turned the engine over is not enough.

Max time was 10-15s starting engine

My 90 resync keys with immobilizer by holding both open and closed buttons down at the same time for 30 seconds perhaps you need to do something similar ?
Ok I’m trying tomorrow

I had a similar problem once on a Lexus , if you have locked the car with the remote then unlocked the car with the key or the other way round when disconnecting the battery the immobiliser will not let you start the car , try unlocking the drivers door with the key first and then using the remote press the unlock button to resync the system then try start the engine if that does not work try locking the car with the key and then locking it with the remote then unlocking it with the remote and try start the engine with the key ,
Good luck .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back