Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

After change batteries car won’t start

Ha Ha , thanks but I am no wizard , its just that I have been fixing and servicing my own and my kids cars for around 43 years , must have saved many thousands of pounds in doing it myself and getting full enjoyment as well as knowing its been done proper and not skimped .

Last edited by a moderator:
You're one of several sources of good 120 info on here Tony, even though a lot of us have years of spannering experience behind us, there is always something we dont know, and can learn. Totally agree, if done ourselves, we should be confident in the knowledge it is right. Cheers!

When I changed the batteries in my 120 I just changed them and had no problems , same with when I ever disconnect them , but I did and do make sure I have the unlocked the 120 with the remote and lock the car with the key in the door and unlock the door with the key if I leave the 120 overnight without batteries to bring it back to the same state before I reuse the remote .

Out of interest, I looked in the owners manual for mine, although 2006, and it mentions nothing about resetting. Toyota don't want us to fix things though, because on various items in there, they say, "contact your local dealer". Most helpful on a weekend, covid shutdown, or Bank Holiday for a simple fix.

I've never had a problem changing or disconnecting batteries either. 4/6 weeks in first lockdown, while I was doing other work, with no batteries connected. That was opened with remote, remove batteries, then locked with key and opened and locked with key loads of times in that period. On connection of new batteries, I just carried on using remote as normal.
Hopefully our new friend will be back later, with more info or a result.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Same with me , I had to disconnect the batteries when I shipped my 120 to Cyprus from Huddersfield which took 4 weeks including customs clearance . I had no problem with starting it up .

Ok guys
I tried like tony said but i cannot open my car with key. Key not turn right . Only I can lock door with key.

I connected obd2 and tried to connect but ecu not want to . See image

I tried connect obd2 with my bmw and works fine so I don’t know what is going on with land cruiser.

Attachments

• 9E9257A3-3335-4DB5-BC44-97F24DE5747D.jpeg
    9E9257A3-3335-4DB5-BC44-97F24DE5747D.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 44
Can you unlock the door with key after locking door with key , have you tried with both master keys , I can unlock and lock with key as long as I unlock door with remote first if it was locked with the remote , if I lock with remote and unlock with key alarm will sound .

Ok guys
I tried like tony said but i cannot open my car with key. Key not turn right . Only I can lock door with key.

I connected obd2 and tried to connect but ecu not want to . See image

I tried connect obd2 with my bmw and works fine so I don’t know what is going on with land cruiser.
hand held multi car obd2 readers only work on 120s around 2006 onwards , you will need toyota techstream to plug in cost about 20 euros on ebay , techstream covers all parts of your 120 .

Thinking more about it, if he could lock with key, there would be no reason it wouldn't unlock, is there??
As you were chaps, I'm confused.com, we need more comprehensive answers/ info.
Maybe the waters are getting muddied here and we are getting further away from original problem, or is this part of it ?

I bought new obd2 for Toyota . I’m waiting for delivery.

So

I tried press unlock and lock button on remote pilot(30s). it doesn’t work. Engine is not starting

I tried disconnect +wire on both batteries. It doesn’t work. Engine is not starting

I tried open door with key (before I locked door with remote pilot ). key not want open door. Only can lock door with key.
It doesn’t work. Engine is not starting

I tried close door with key and open with remote pilot.It doesn’t work. Engine is not starting.

When disconnecting batteries to or to reset anything you need to disconnect -negative wires and not + wires first , and you should always disconnect - negative wires first whenever you disconnect your batteries and always connect the - negative wires last or you may short out components , you may now need to check all reverlant fuses if you disconnected + first and connected them last .

try looking at fuse number 20 and 29 in engine bay , its a 10amp and 25amp , or look for any fuses that concern immobiliser and central locking .

Back