Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

am i having my chain pulled?

good old boy i would really get an alinment check done as something is not right and it will not help having the roll bar on it or not.

it sounds like the wheel that has the wear has to much toe in set up on it. have you changed any ball joints on the cruiser?

stu

IMHO, for the inside shoulder to be worn, a steering misalignment would be too much "toe-out", but this would normally show equally on both front tyres.

There may be other alignment issues, such as too much negative camber on one wheel which would likely wear the inner part of the tread on that tyre only.

I don't think castor misalignment would cause uneven tyre wear.

Just my pennyworth...

IMHO, for the inside shoulder to be worn, a steering misalignment would be too much "toe-out", but this would normally show equally on both front tyres.

There may be other alignment issues, such as too much negative camber on one wheel which would likely wear the inner part of the tread on that tyre only.

I don't think castor misalignment would cause uneven tyre wear.

Just my pennyworth...

sorry i was the wrong way round.

camber, castor,tracking & the ball joints were all checked earlier in the year when i had a front wheel bearing done - the tracking was out a little but nothing strange in that.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can't see how removing the ARB would affect one tyre, unless there is a weak suspension spring on one side and the ARB was helping with that. And this is theoretical, never seen that in real life... I agree with those who advise to check the alignment.

In a vain attempt to put closure to some of this I thought I had best post.

Firstly when it comes to Parts I do not do this as a business rather an attempt to help out fellow cruiser owners. However I am at the moment plagued by a combination of terrible phone service, internet connections that drop in and out at the drop of a hat and the inability to find a courier service that is reasonably priced, and reliable for my needs.

I am sure that were I spending thousands a week on couriers then their customer service would be greatly improved and I may get a better service for the right money. I have very little phone service at my unit and have recently been having issues with O2 as texts do not seem to be coming through either.

The issue on the other side is not unlike this one however with the size of rocksliders my choice of courier is limited even further.

A couple of members informed me about this post a couple of days ago and this is the first time since then that I have had an internet connection reliable enough to post a response.

I will again confirm I am not a rip off merchant and would hate for anyone to think I am ripping anyone off. I am fully aware however that at the moment I can be a buggar to get hold of but with fair weather and good fortune that should be being resolved in the near future. so please keep trying you will catch me one way or another eventually (I know that doesn't help right now.)

Good Old Boy I have sent you an email so let me know what you want to do.

I do hope that this quells any fears.

Thanks
Chris

See I knew there would be a reasonable explanation, we never doubted you Chris.

Chris did you get my text? looks to be the same person who's Posted on the other site.
If you got my text through you'll know what I'm talking about, I can probably do something about the posts over on itocuk.

still having courier issues then?

OK chris im prepared to take your explanation at face value & i never thought that you were ripping me off as it just didnt make sense for such a small amount.
But i do feel that youve handled this badly,giving me the impression that i was being ignored.
As for the UK couriers their explanation is complete bullshit as ive found that here in Spain the courier firms are without exception excellent.
I run two small businesses one of which is reliant on the internet but i dont have internet at home just a smartphone (smartphone - my favorite oxymoron) that with intermittent signal sometimes requires superhuman effort to deal with clients - but we do well with the business because we bend over backwards for our clients.
As for the tyre wear ive taken some photos but they dont show the wear clearly so ill take some more when i take them off to rotate them later in the week.
OK chris let me know via email when you return the money - i assume its fairly straightforward wit paypal

Lucky you to have excellent couriers! Here in France they are complete and utter sh*t, pretty well without exception, but some of the smaller one man bands now know us and are getting to let themselves in with 3 savage Labs and put pool pumps on the garden table.........TNT DHL and UPS complete morons! We had a TNT driver 'claim' not to be able to find us...phone rings - I am at the post office in the town 20 mins up the road, can you come and get your parcel that someone has paid (me) for a home delivery. Answer, most certainly not sir, or words in French to that effect!

Last edited:
Lucky you to have excellent couriers! Here in France they are complete and utter sh*t, pretty well without exception, but some of the smaller one man bands now know us and are getting to let themselves in with 3 savage Labs and put pool pumps on the garden table.........TNT DHL and UPS complete morons! We had a TNT driver 'claim' not to be able to find us...phone rings - I am at the post office in the town 20 mins up the road, can you come and get your parcel that someone has paid (me) for a home delivery. Answer, most certainly not sir, or words in French to that effect!

Same bloody nonsense in Ireland.

"Hi, I'm your courier, can you meet me somewhere 20 mins away from your house where you'll have to wait for me because I'm too lazy and stupid to find your business or ask someone where you live." Is pretty typical.

I despise them so much that one of my wholesalers now only uses the post to send stuff to me. Guess what, its quicker cheaper, more reliable and things don't get broken.

It has been known to take 5 days for Nightline to get a parcel to me from Dublin (about 80 miles).

But my all time favourite went like this
"Hi, I'm ...... with a parcel for you from DHL (IIRC), you must meet me 10 miles away from your address because you are too far away".

WTF:shock:

To which I replied..............

I'll let you guess.

I told fastway couriers recently that they were the ryanair of couriers since they only ever get a parcel close to its destination bit never quite there ....lol

I told fastway couriers recently that they were the ryanair of couriers since they only ever get a parcel close to its destination bit never quite there ....lol

:laughing-rolling:

access to my property is is by 4x4 only so i get couriers to deliver to places in town or the local potrol station who are happy to sign for anything.A english mate of mine had to drag a courier van up down his drive with his RR when having a wood burning stove delivered.His drive has now been graveled but still tricky but this didnt stop the delivery recently of an upright piano.

Well you weren't wrong there!!

Must remember that one Mick.

still no resolution on this - ive had an email asking me to confirm the return of the payment from paypal but the amount still hasn't showed up in my account

Back