Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

am i having my chain pulled?

So finally after 3 months ive been re reimbursed but im still mightily annoyed with the whole fiasco.This all started with a "wanted" ad on the forum & a quick response from chris/humber 4x4 - didnt seem to be any communication problems at the time.I dont think that chris is a ripoff merchant but the way he has handled this has been poor to say the least.This has cost me not only time & money but has added to my stress levels considerably,& begs the question of how many people would spend the time that i have to recover 50 quid.At its best this forum is a friendly open community whose members freely offer their time & knowledge to help out others,something we should protect.
Image1035.jpg

have you measured the length of the steering arms where they come off of the rack maybe one is longer then the other?

is the wear on the inside of the tyre or out side?

is it on the nearside or off side?

if front near side it might be cornering to fast and the front understeering this is why we rotate tyres
do you turn one way a lot more then another?

did you have it tracked with this tyre fitted?

it does look like tracking

do you have a bent wishbone?

Last edited:
Your patience and forbearance is to be admired Goodoldboy the forum is a community but as with any community things will occasionally go wrong . I'm sure Chris deeply regrets the whole affair and from a personal point of view i do have some sympathy for him . He has not long started Humber 4x4 you see and i acutely remember the difficulties i faced while starting my own business . For 2 years everything that shouldn't go wrong did , things i hadn't ever considered became major obstacles , everyone i might have formally trusted with my life suddenly became unhelpful even objectionable , payments were late but bills were not . It's an awful place to be you can't think straight with a million things to think about , you start searching for problems even before they exist , sweating about things that haven't even happened yet and may not happen anyway . In short your heads up your arse and things get neglected .

ive got a new pair of cooper AT3s on the front now & will be looking closely at the wear.The tracking was done about two weeks ago , with the camber & castor checked at the same time - some small adjustments on the tracking but nothing excessive.The truck gets driven gently both on & of road so no drilling it into corners.On a straight flat motorway ,at 70 MPH it rolls along straight as a die - two years ago i had all the suspension bushes changed so i know what it feels like when something amiss with the suspension /sterring.as for a bent wishbone i think it would take a big impact to bend it & there is no evidence of any impact that would cause this.

I think oversize tyres will wear on the outer edge regardless , the 285/75's on my collie need flipping to even them up despite regular rotation . Perhaps its my own fault driving on them for 2 years without having tracking done and with a worn trailing arm bush on the rear , both have been fixed now but only new tyres will tell me for sure whether or not the wear is part and parcel with oversize or the faults now remedied were the cause .

Back