Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Awnings

I'm not 100% Alex.but have you mentioned that tent before and I said about my out back one?

IMG_4328.JPG

Exactly Karl! We did talk about your tent!

I am keeping an eye on the website of Big Country as I was thinking to order the tent immediately from there. Now I notice this tent from Tuff Trek and it does look even better but the price is also a bit steeper. To be fair, I do not yet have an idea how much the Big Country tent would be after shipping and VAT.

Exactly Karl! We did talk about your tent!

I am keeping an eye on the website of Big Country as I was thinking to order the tent immediately from there. Now I notice this tent from Tuff Trek and it does look even better but the price is also a bit steeper. To be fair, I do not yet have an idea how much the Big Country tent would be after shipping and VAT.

I think all the prides are set to go up soon from tuff trek. You would be better speaking to Dara who owns the company.

Well i have decided to buy the Ostrich one from Tuff Trek, the reason being the better side panels, and over 500 notes cheaper than the Alu-cab
I spoke to Big Country about bringing something in and by the time you have paid the carriage and the VAT not a great difference in the price tbh. So I would sooner support a UK business

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wise move Dave. You won't regret it.

Did you go for the 2.1 high or 2.4?

Congratulations Dave! Great buy! Let us know what you think of it!
Crazy to hear that the shipping + VAT add so much to the price! Always better to have some local conatct point in case something would go wrong!

Yeah they're surprisingly stiff for their size. I had several metres of 1"x0.5" ally box section, and some slightly smaller box section that slides snuggly into it.

The main sections are 5ft long, with 3ft extendable sections that store inside, slide out and lock into place. There are 4 arms, one attached permanently to the side of the rack, the other three pivot out to just under 270 degrees, and the awning material is attached to the arms with 3M snap-fit strip. It all pulls nice and taught. It self supports, but can be supported with extendable poles which attach at the ends and are guyed down.

I'll try and get some more pics taken this weekend.

Owen

I want an awning to project from the rear of my 120 to about the length of the rear door when open. It should be about the width of the 120. Any recommendations?

I want an awning to project from the rear of my 120 to about the length of the rear door when open. It should be about the width of the 120. Any recommendations?

I'm after something very similar to you but that fits my roof rack and doesn't stick out the front. My roof rack is 1255mm x 1560mm and all I can find is 2.1m which is to long for my liking or the new frontrunner which is 1.4m and to short and doesn't cover the back.
If you find something, please let me know.

Well it came today, ordered from Tuff Trek on Friday so pretty good service, so next job get it put on be a job for Friday I feel

IUYF8OADRimSRyfBMnapTw.jpg

Nice one Dave. Remember it will need to have plenty of reinforcement whatever it's hanging off. I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on the sides once you have used them please

Nice one Dave. Remember it will need to have plenty of reinforcement whatever it's hanging off. I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on the sides once you have used them please
The trucks got purpose built awning brackets bolted to the truck made by Alu-Cab so hopefully will be ok, anyways it will be shed loads stronger than any roof rack

Back