Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bad obsession

Excellent, they really are good at this stuff.

All you ever needed to know about wipers (and the wiring :shock:).

Bob.

Nothing by halves on this build...

Can’t imagine the total man/hrs this will have consumed when finished (if ever :lol:)

Looking forward to Episode 225 already :lol:

Brilliant!

I can't believe they strung out the whole loom and tested everything before mods and fitting.

Their attention to detail is always impressive.
I did admire them for that but it’s exactly what’s needed. As they said it saves them from having to go through the whole lot looking for gremlins when it’s all hidden away inside the car, as that ain’t fun. Like their crimp tool and the mod to make the brackets.

Hey boy's, the next episode is out, woo hoo.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice bit of turning there, love this project :thumbup:

Another good one. I wonder how that shaft is going to hold up at twice engine revs delivering the load of the alternator and the AC compressor? Still, the higher the speed, the more power they can deliver, if anything like the toll type flexi drives, it’s torque they don’t like so much. I’m sure they will have got it more than correct.

Fascinating stuff. I was interested in the tool used to cut woodruff key slots - must look into that (and will one fit my Warco GH Universal Mill ??).

Bob.

It’s just a key way broach tool Bob. Pushed through with a press. Usually come in sets with different widths and spindle adaptors (which they made up here).

Another good one. I wonder how that shaft is going to hold up at twice engine revs delivering the load of the alternator and the AC compressor? Still, the higher the speed, the more power they can deliver, if anything like the toll type flexi drives, it’s torque they don’t like so much. I’m sure they will have got it more than correct.

I was concerned about lubing the bearings, but these days with Pre-packed sealed bearings, I guess it won’t need much maintenance.

It’s just a key way broach tool Bob. Pushed through with a press. Usually come in sets with different widths and spindle adaptors (which they made up here).
Thanks, I'll look that up . . . I have a 30-ton press :icon-wink:.

Bob.

So, Thanks to Julian T for the original post I have almost slept in for work for the last 2 mornings, on episode 16 so tomorrow morning isn't looking good...Suppose I better write tomorrows permits tonight, just in case:tearsofjoy:

cheers!

And the next video, just for fun is all about how they did it, it being the flexi drive shaft.

Hmmmmmmm, They're a bit economical with the cutting fluid :shock:. I use cans of 'Metalube' as the Warco Lathe doesn't have provision for a fluid pump - or a suds drain.

I've had the fluid vaporising - but never flames :angry-screaming:.

I think they need to replace the headstock bearings on that Myford, it sounds like my worn-out Denford 'Viceroy' lathe when working on larger diameters :oops:.

No Fixed Steady ??? why not just go and buy one, my lathes both came with fixed and travelling steadies and Myford are still in business :think:.

Lovely job, despite my comments (they are more expert than I am).

More, More, More please.

Bob.

Here's part two gent's and gentle ladies.

Oh My; the way that all went together so perfectly with no filing, grinding or cursing :clap:.

I love that CNC Mill - mine doesn't even have a DRO :icon-cry:.

Success is all in the planning & design, a lesson for us all :eusa-whistle:.

Love it.

Bob.

Oh My; the way that all went together so perfectly with no filing, grinding or cursing :clap:.

I love that CNC Mill - mine doesn't even have a DRO :icon-cry:.

Success is all in the planning & design, a lesson for us all :eusa-whistle:.

Love it.

Bob.

He did use a hacksaw mind, whatever next we ask :lol:

Back