Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Big end shell replacement

I just ordered the BEB and stretch bolts from milner 4x4 .so I have given them to the garage

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't fit unknown cheap after market bits when it comes to changing the bebs. Better to be safe with Toyota bolts and acls. The bolts they sell may be genuine. If it was me I'd check before fitting them.JMO

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've got bearings but Toyota for bolts. You may find that your bearings are acl anyway.

ok will check it out and let you know. thanks agene .

Ill pm you my number. Just drop me a text if it turns out you nneed some.

Hi all well did my BEB to on my 1993 hj81 with 226000 on the clock.today .will post some pics .but I was very pleased with the condition of the old one's. as before me it had one owner from being inpoted and he did not have them dune. but very happy to have them dune .and thanks to Karl for his help and a set of ACL

065e447574db1ff3ab9172fbdd8b34b1.jpg
23e6509b9b3447b1ebeb6c6cff8a5e60.jpg
e88567b8fcb06e4548c5a127486cb725.jpg

thanks only mark was on number 5 but not sure what made it .there was no marks on the crank
d40c4bbce113b9b616ca19c4e9922cac.jpg
710eb8822c5f6ffe041a847c4bba75a9.jpg

Job well done anyway, it peace of mind as much as any technical advantage replacing them.

It seems common that nobody really comes up with a definitive reason why they delaminate like that. Some have been in an horrendous state!

I was lucky too :thumbup:

Job well done anyway, it peace of mind as much as any technical advantage replacing them.

It seems common that nobody really comes up with a definitive reason why they delaminate like that. Some have been in an horrendous state!

I was lucky too [emoji106]

Very clean looking shells to be honest apart from that bad bit. If that had been a bad shell it could have lasted very little time. You never actually know.

Least you don't have to be thinking about them now.

Mark all the bolts after the first tightening one by one. I get muddled up otherwise :icon-biggrin:.

Very happy Karl and glad they are all dune now. But i was all so glad to see and inpest that they look this good with 26000 on the clock . Here's to the next 26000

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Very clean looking shells to be honest apart from that bad bit. If that had been a bad shell it could have lasted very little time. You never actually know.

Least you don't have to be thinking about them now.
Hi Karl did you see the post is put up about my pump can you help ?

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Gday all,

Old thread but looking at doing the beb's myself soon, just wondering as to how the top half of the bearing is removed.

Tia

Back