Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bonnet bug deflectors.. yes or no

I’m not sure what the difference is between a bug squished on the bonnet and a bug squished on a piece of Perspex clipped to the bonnet.

Still, I’m OK with the concept of them looking cool, if that floats a boat.

I have 1/2 a tonne of steel bolted onto my truck which arguably is surplus to requirements as a necessity, but I’ve been glad of my bumpers and side bars on occasions, fending off errant trees jumping in the way, and I’ve used the winch and the roof rack countless times, so for me they’re worthwhile.

I’ve thought about fitting wind deflectors to the side windows. Everyone who has them says how good they are. But when I’m ploughing up a narrow track with branches folding back my mirrors for me, I don’t think they would survive more than a week or two.

Each to their own I suppose, that’s what choice is all about IMO. :thumbup:

I’m not sure what the difference is between a bug squished on the bonnet and a bug squished on a piece of Perspex clipped to the bonnet.

Still, I’m OK with the concept of them looking cool, if that floats a boat.

I have 1/2 a tonne of steel bolted onto my truck which arguably is surplus to requirements as a necessity, but I’ve been glad of my bumpers and side bars on occasions, fending off errant trees jumping in the way, and I’ve used the winch and the roof rack countless times, so for me they’re worthwhile.

I’ve thought about fitting wind deflectors to the side windows. Everyone who has them says how good they are. But when I’m ploughing up a narrow track with branches folding back my mirrors for me, I don’t think they would survive more than a week or two.

Each to their own I suppose, that’s what choice is all about IMO. :thumbup:
Clive, I'm hoping that air deflected by the bonnet guard will 'blow' insects upward and away from the screen, I don't think they will stop the bugs from hitting the deflector itself.
As for the window deflectors I've had them on for years now and they've never been damaged in any way by vegetation and as you know I've been through a bit, (scratchy lane) I find them useful for ventilation, being a smoker, and you can have the windows wound down a bit too when it's raining without the rain getting in.

Do the side window deflectors stop the shrieking noise when you open the window at high speed?

Do the side window deflectors stop the shrieking noise when you open the window at high speed?
NOT COMPLETELY! It just changes the sound but it's still a bit annoying.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Guys I'm fortunate to gave a front bonnet / hood detector, wind deflector on the doors that I must say are worth while investment allowing wind noise to bypass better outside the vehicle and a sunroof wind deflector too. Not sure what these are like without as I bought the vehicle with them on?

The only edition I added was a JDM rear spoiler. This is quite handy because the two fins allow air flow to be pushed down at the rear window and this making the rear of the vehicle less dusty off road. I know this because I drove off road in dusty conditions the other day and was surprised!!

So my conclusion is that these are not necessary but useful in each of their own way not just a show piece. Just my humble 2 cents guys.

Back