Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

British Transport Films… a window on a bygone age

Funny, I watched all of these last week, before your posting Rich...

I wish i was always so organized...

Not British (or in English), but might be of interest.

Not strictly a British Transport Film, but a film about British Transport. Loved this series when it was on TV. Bit of a grainy Home transfer but worth the watch imho.

Not British (or in English), but might be of interest.
Don’t know how I missed this. The vehicles were pretty impressive, not to mention the occupants’ headgear. Good one. :thumbup:

This one might be better quality, but not a lot....

Bugger it’s the same link...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh well it’ll come in handy if the tape gets jammed and screwed up on the first one. :)

While typing that I realised there’s young adults in this world that have no idea what a joy that was when it happened. :icon-rolleyes::angry-screaming:

Lucky them, thank goodness for progress :lol:

Thanks for posting that. When we lived in London, the Brighton run for old commercials passed quite nearby (it used to start in Battersea Park in those days) and I always enjoyed seeing (and hearing) the Sentinels picking up speed.

Thanks for posting that. When we lived in London, the Brighton run for old commercials passed quite nearby (it used to start in Battersea Park in those days) and I always enjoyed seeing (and hearing) the Sentinels picking up speed.
I love the old commercial vehicles. The sound of the sentinels is almost like a railway loco and comes across pretty well in that film. It’s amazing how advanced steam became at the time.

Back