Thanks Chas, I was just about to post that

:text-worthless:

Chas has saved the Day.... :clap::dance::clap:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The words of a Brolly Dolly

27540141_10159843139115175_14360238018847974_n.jpg

Giorgia Davies
31 January at 17:28 ·

I am proud of my job.. I am respected.. I am paid well.. and I have managed to gain a professional reputation that has enabled me to make a career out of something I love.. and since falling pregnant with my first child the thought of not having such a flexible income to go back to after my maternity leave worries me.
"Feminists".. You're not defending women.. you're actually defending women who are threatened by other women who are in a career that you know absolutely nothing about other than what you see on the exterior.. and a career that we have as a woman by rights chosen to uptake. You're eradicating a career that has taken years to get to the top of believe it or not and leaving women in a position of financial loss.
That is not the true definition of what feminism stands for surely?
If I am happy to put a classy dress on, do my hair and make up, feel confident in myself and work with a team that treat me as a part of the family... why is that such a problem to you all?
You may work in an office.. you wake up and put a dress on for work because it makes you feel good about yourself also correct? And choose to go to work and enjoy your job?

Why is it any different? I'm educated.. I have a degree.. I have represented 2 counties I have lived in successfully and promoted charities and fundraising in my own time all of which a person shouldn't need to justify.. but because I stand and smile for a camera I don't deserve to have my job any more and I shouldn't be a role model to young women? We promote a healthy lifestyle we look after our bodies? Is that something to be ashamed of. Should we wear a scuba suit daily so we don't offend you because of your insecurities?
Why do you deserve to have your job still? That is your industry this is mine.. respect mine and I'll respect yours.
Oh and let's not forget the reason we are here right now.... because of some actions at an event treating women with disrespect. So why are we the ones being persecuted and penalised? Maybe educate men AND women the level of respect that HUMANS should receive and the fact that just because someone is deemed attractive and wearing a dress that doesn't mean they deserve to be treated any differently to another.

What will come next? Will you be telling rape victims it's their fault for the actions they have endured for wearing a provocative dress also.. "they brought it on themselves if you didn't wear that dress and that make up then they wouldn't have touched you." Although they are two extremely different levels.. the analogy is relevant because we would never tell someone in such an awful circumstance it was their fault because of the way they looked at the time of the incident.

So why should the incident at the presidents club be any different. They didn't ask to be touched and groped and have derogatory comments thrown at them because they chose to go to work and wear a tight dress.. the problem is not the women.. it's the individuals who feel it's acceptable to treat women in a certain manner in the first place based upon their exterior.

The words of a Brolly Dolly

View attachment 139964
Giorgia Davies
31 January at 17:28 ·

I am proud of my job.. I am respected.. I am paid well.. and I have managed to gain a professional reputation that has enabled me to make a career out of something I love.. and since falling pregnant with my first child the thought of not having such a flexible income to go back to after my maternity leave worries me.
"Feminists".. You're not defending women.. you're actually defending women who are threatened by other women who are in a career that you know absolutely nothing about other than what you see on the exterior.. and a career that we have as a woman by rights chosen to uptake. You're eradicating a career that has taken years to get to the top of believe it or not and leaving women in a position of financial loss.
That is not the true definition of what feminism stands for surely?
If I am happy to put a classy dress on, do my hair and make up, feel confident in myself and work with a team that treat me as a part of the family... why is that such a problem to you all?
You may work in an office.. you wake up and put a dress on for work because it makes you feel good about yourself also correct? And choose to go to work and enjoy your job?

Why is it any different? I'm educated.. I have a degree.. I have represented 2 counties I have lived in successfully and promoted charities and fundraising in my own time all of which a person shouldn't need to justify.. but because I stand and smile for a camera I don't deserve to have my job any more and I shouldn't be a role model to young women? We promote a healthy lifestyle we look after our bodies? Is that something to be ashamed of. Should we wear a scuba suit daily so we don't offend you because of your insecurities?
Why do you deserve to have your job still? That is your industry this is mine.. respect mine and I'll respect yours.
Oh and let's not forget the reason we are here right now.... because of some actions at an event treating women with disrespect. So why are we the ones being persecuted and penalised? Maybe educate men AND women the level of respect that HUMANS should receive and the fact that just because someone is deemed attractive and wearing a dress that doesn't mean they deserve to be treated any differently to another.

What will come next? Will you be telling rape victims it's their fault for the actions they have endured for wearing a provocative dress also.. "they brought it on themselves if you didn't wear that dress and that make up then they wouldn't have touched you." Although they are two extremely different levels.. the analogy is relevant because we would never tell someone in such an awful circumstance it was their fault because of the way they looked at the time of the incident.

So why should the incident at the presidents club be any different. They didn't ask to be touched and groped and have derogatory comments thrown at them because they chose to go to work and wear a tight dress.. the problem is not the women.. it's the individuals who feel it's acceptable to treat women in a certain manner in the first place based upon their exterior.
So very true, how did she benefit from losing her job? What’s the back story about the presidents club?

So very true, how did she benefit from losing her job? What’s the back story about the presidents club?
I don't have any details, it was something I copied that popped up on Facebook

Those of you who follow F1, who has made this decision? And have they given a reason for it?

Yes Rob, I did see that report, but how do those events have anything to do with Brolly Dollies? the women at that Presidents charity dinner were hired hostesses not Brolly Dollies, so why has F1 dropped them.

The Presidents Club link was for Moggy who was asking what that was about.

Having done a bit of Googling, which was more successful after discovering grid girls is a more usual title I found :

“Over the last year we have looked at a number of areas which we felt needed updating so as to be more in tune with our vision for this great sport," said Sean Bratches, Managing Director, Commercial Operations at Formula 1.

"While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 Grands Prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms. We don’t believe the practice is appropriate or relevant to Formula 1 and its fans, old and new, across the world.”

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2018/1/formula-1-to-stop-using-grid-girls-.html

I have a few friends who do this for the TT - they are bright, smart, good looking girls who CHOOSE to do this work, and have fun doing it. Question for me is where do you draw a line. No hostesses, no intro girls, no pit crew girls... then what, no backing dancers, no catwalk models, no one appearing in music vids...

Back