Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can I name and shame a 4x4 Outfitter?

I notice you didn't quote the second part of my last post.

Hey Paul,

We really aren't having a go at you, hopefully the posts seem that way.

What you get away with are "normal" practice is probably due to excewllent relationships with your customers- ie one phones up with a complaint and you handle it professionaly effectively and quickly. The customer thn is happy to wait whilst you resolve it, or trust you to work in their best interests- ie you say, can you pay for a new battery now, and as soon as we get refunded from the manufacturer i'll recredit the monies etc.

unforutunately where a retailer doesn't have this relationship, then resorting to law can be the only way forward.

Don't forget it works both ways though- in the past i've welcomed the intervention of the courts from pushy and difficult customers who were blatantly pulling a fast one!

Yep, don't want this to come across as personal.

If you run a business that values the relationships you have with customers then good on you, it's a shame everyone doesn't share this outlook.

:happy-wavemulticolor:

Thank you gents - your views and advice are appreciated.

I sent a strong worded letter to the manufacturers to make them fully aware of the situation as well as the feedback and comments on the general perception of their product at present.

I've heard back from the USA - they are very willing to investigate this from their side and trace this specific battery back to the original batch! :thumbup:

The UK Outfitter however is being evasive and although I have quoted the Sale Of Goods Act I've been told they will only engage further if I return the battery to them. Perfectly understandable and this will be done.

They have not acknowledged the SOG Act or my rights as a Customer under this Act.

Reading all your comments my worry and concern is now that (1) i will not have a battery to use until they resolve this issue or (2) they will sit on this issue or come up with some other excuse. In either case I'll be without it and out of pocket due to no fault of my own.

Let's see what happens - I'll keep you updated :think:

Cheers for the support!

Back