Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Can new toys legally be listed as grounds for divorce ?

Shayne

Guru
I arrived home in the wrong truck and she threw her toys right out of the pram :lol:

hummer001_zps5e808f3c.jpg

If I was her, I think I'd want to divorce you Shayne, if you came home in that!

Whats the story? I hope you haven't been led astray ... :eusa-naughty:

No Clive my trucks waiting for me to collect but i was given the chance to own a Hummer for just a little while and well .... who wouldn't !

No Clive my trucks waiting for me to collect but i was given the chance to own a Hummer for just a little while and well .... who wouldn't !

How is it Shayne? It's easy to dis other 4x4's, but we often do it with no knowledge of them, first-hand driving experience is the only test. How do you rate it?

Unbelievable is first impression but i've been driving it for 3 weeks so think i can give a fair rating . The power is is just excellent 6 litre V8 petrol , i hate auto's but this thing never feels like its in the wrong gear . On the face of it build quality is shite but this is a H2 so underneath the plastic fantastic luxury with buttons everywhere is a military spec bruiser . Despite being LHD i'm amazed at how civilized it is to drive , it took a little mental adjustment to drive from the left but a couple of hours had me thinking this thing is not nearly as big as it seems . Its something every 4x4 enthusiast should experience .

but this is a H2 so underneath the plastic fantastic luxury with buttons everywhere is a military spec bruiser .

Sadly not...it's a cut and shut GMC light duty truck chassis. Sheep in wolf's clothing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If I remember correctly under that body work is a chevy silverado, once the holder of the title worlds worst 4x4, H1 was the mil spec everything after that was pure GM light truck.

You could be right guys i fully admit there was no research done before buying it , fact is i was sat at a bar with big windows probably approaching my 20th pint with a bunch of idiots i call friends all trying to out do each other with the most inventive insult to the rest when a mate pulled up in it . Obviously this made the new arrival number one target for every insult you can imagine most aimed at questioning his sexuality and mine were the loudest because "i would love one of them" . On the way out he whispered in my ear if you want it come and see me tomorrow . I did , drove a few laps around town and stopped at the bank job done . Astonishingly it hasn't yet proven to be a mistake but time will tell .

All depends on what you want to do with it. As a passenger vehicle it's large and comfy (in fact more comfortable and spacious than the H1, which is like being crammed into a sardine can while someone plays football with it). But if you want to hit the rough stuff, take the 'yota.

Have you bought or rented it Shayne? of course you know it won't be allowed at Lincomb. :eusa-naughty:

I bought it with no intentions of keeping it , it's just a bit of fun these trucks are hard sell in the Isle of Man because they are as wide as any lane on any road so i worked out what it would cost me to own for a few months cut a deal with insurance and deducted it from the asking price then turned up with cash . It will be on ebay soon there's far more potential buyers in the UK than on the rock :icon-wink:

Fingers crossed you don't end up with a great white elephant. :pray:

Well I'd divorce you and claim that in the settlement just after you'd topped up the tank. Then I'd ride up and down outside the bus shelter where you were sleeping and shout "who's laughing now" at you until the fuel ran out.

Well I'd divorce you and claim that in the settlement just after you'd topped up the tank. Then I'd ride up and down outside the bus shelter where you were sleeping and shout "who's laughing now" at you until the fuel ran out.

So there's 10 minutes then :lol:

Nice looking motor.

Fuel yes erm not sure i've discussed that with Helen yet :whistle:

Nah it's a greedy truck no doubt about it but i was surprised that 140 quid fills the tank from empty (fuels a tad more expensive on the Island) . 255 miles from Heysham Port to home left me with just over a quarter of a tank without making use of the cruise control which isn't quite as bad as i was expecting . That said most of you know my driving will never be described as sedate , i ragged it around the Island for about 30 miles and it cost about 40 quid in fuel so if like me you have a heavy foot on the throttle you don't want one of these .

came across the military ones on joint exercises etc. they don't compare well to a landrover, so compared to a landcruiser..........................................

I like 'em, always had a soft spot for yank metal.

If I was a kid, I'd want my dad to drive one!

Thinking about it, he's 74 and a really bad oap driver, maybe he should drive one....

Pete

There's no sensible reason for buying a Hummer its like buying a 1969 Camaro - senseless but i would love one . The opportunity to own a dream quite literally fell into my lap along with a very realistic possibility that it won't cost me anything in the long term . Comparing this to a Landrover is insane - for practical purposes it may be a worthy comparison but by the same rule a Nissan Micra is a far better car than any Ferrari :lol:

I like Hummers, especially when they're on the other end of my recovery strap! Pulled one out of some bother at a picnic area, he'd reversed and had one back wheel over the edge of a steep slope down to a stream. He was panicking and his idea was just to floor it, so he'd dug a few nice holes! :lol: BTW, I do like the recovery loops they have on the 4 corners, nice and big to get the shackle on easily :icon-biggrin:

Back