Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Centre console removal

Seagull-russ

Country Flag
uk
hiya all

for the centre console/gear stick surround is there any short cables to be aware of? I'm looking to pull it up and cut a section for my switches. I did have it semi loose when feeding some wires though and felt some resistance. before I yank things up I want to check its not a short wire or something I need to disconnect 1st.

thanks all
Russ

update: for those with lc5's/grande this doesn't look a possible place for switches due to the height control and comfort/sport adjustment wiring. for those without that then seems enough room to fit approx. 4 rocker switches/wiring.
also checked out the area in front of the overhead console, as I saw this done on a grand Cherokee with sunroof. however there is a metal bar in the way so rules that out as well.

did have a thought to fibreglass the cup holder zone and convert to a switch place but then need find somewhere hold cups.

any other suggestions for rocker switch areas?

cheers
russell

On the silver trim pieces? Below hazard switch.

Remove ash tray and make something to fit there?

Do the switches require much room behind? Or is it just to run the wires?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

not enough back space behind those silver bits. prob need about 2inches of room for the switch + wiring. did contemplate the ashray so possible place

Back