Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ75 reverse switch

balaakay

Country Flag
australia
Hi All,

I’ve searched everywhere and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.

I have a HJ75, with a 2H. My reverse switch has packed it in and needs replacement. I’m wondering if there is some trick to removing and replacing it. It’s up on top of the gearbox and I just can’t get to it. I was hoping I don’t have to drop the gearbox down to access it but if that’s the only way then so be it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edit to add some context: when I select reverse, my lights don’t come on and there is massive voltage loss (visible on the voltage meter on the dash) to the point that the old girl sputters and tries to stall. From what I’ve been able to find out it is either a cable shorting or the switch itself. I’ve disconnected the wiring to stop it temporarily but obviously don’t have reverse lights now which is less than ideal

Luckily you can access from the top inside of the cabin. There's an access pannel which can be removed but on the downside you have to remove the carpet and the front seats.

A bit easier than dropping the gearbox as you would only get a micro movement on the 24mm spanner..

As the carpet is out you could give the old truck a clean and do some rust prevention work as you're there!

I could come over and help you but it could prove to be quite expensive as it would have be an all expensive s paid excursion!!

Luckily you can access from the top inside of the cabin. There's an access pannel which can be removed but on the downside you have to remove the carpet and the front seats.

A bit easier than dropping the gearbox as you would only get a micro movement on the 24mm spanner..

As the carpet is out you could give the old truck a clean and do some rust prevention work as you're there!

I could come over and help you but it could prove to be quite expensive as it would have be an all expensive s paid excursion!!
I was hoping that something like that would be the case. Can you tell me where I should be looking? I’ve had the boot around the gear stick off and can see the switch from there but can’t get in to access it. I had a look around under the carpet but can’t see any access panel any closer to the switch.

P1010688.JPG

Hi there man, here's a pic of the access panel for you..

It'll provide you with the necessary space to get to the switch....

Back