Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Christine the Cruiser

Frank is the man for AC tear downs, IIRC, but I would have thought a recon or replacement would be a more realistic approach, they're complicated inside.

It sounds like yours has seized up altogether, do you have enough oil in the refrigerant? It's worth getting that sorted when you fit the new pump, otherwise you'll have another seized unit on your hands...

Yeah I will just buy a replacement new one to fix my issue, but wouldn't mind tearing the dud apart to see what's happened and how they work.

Yeah I believe so, not sure about the oil/refrigerant level though.. how would i check that? Okay thanks Clive I'll look into that so I can sort any possible underlying issue before I bugger another unit

Yeah I will just buy a replacement new one to fix my issue, but wouldn't mind tearing the dud apart to see what's happened and how they work.

Yeah I believe so, not sure about the oil/refrigerant level though.. how would i check that? Okay thanks Clive I'll look into that so I can sort any possible underlying issue before I bugger another unit

Can't pretend I know what I'm talking about, but if you take it to a reputable (preferably recommended) Auto AC workshop, they should be able to re-gas and advise on the oil situation.

Tell them your problems and the repairs carried out to give them heads up on the history.

This should make interesting reading, plus the link to another thread inside...

Thanks Clive i will have a read through that thread :)
A customer who comes in to my work pretty often is an Automotive Electrician and i asked him about my issue (he's worked on lots of 100 Series mine vehicles) and he said Ill need to replace the pump, as it is irrepairable and flush the complete A/C system and then put a fresh pump on.
So he's currently pricing one of those and while he's sorting that i will read through that thread you've found for me, cheers.

Back from a lenghty period off forum, havent changed a lot on the 105 but i did pick up a comp truck RJ70 about a week after my previous post, which is the main reason the 105 has been living life on the sideline. Not sure if id bother with a thread of its own but if anyone wants to have a squiz here is my facebook page for it. https://www.facebook.com/teamrocknemesiz/
I bought it with mods already done for smaller competition but spent a few months of changing HEAPS. Here is 2 pictures from the 2017 Tuff Truck Competition, finished building it the morning before competition and hadn't tested anything we had changed but it all seemed to work and held together the entire weekend!
18156980_1392275697500037_5176664084727250322_n.jpg
17884325_1378252702235670_2444291422402597382_n.jpg

A welcome update to this thread, although not "Cristina" related.

A tidy looking comp truck there, proving its ability. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Clive :)

The Rock Nemesis buggy should be bigger, better and have a more experienced driver by next years competition too, keen for it but not keen for the many late nights work again haha.

A Christine update, since i bought a car that weighs 2,000kg I needed to be able to tow it, so i sent the car off to get an electronic brake controller fitted for towing a 3,500kg rated trailer legally. While i was at it i finally got my windows tinted, and added a Yoda head silhouette to the rear window.

I did end up sorting the A/C issue but something with that belt system is still off, brand new genuine belt is noisy and the adjustment pulley is as high as it will go.

Power steering system still leaks, since the buggy came in my 105 has been the forgotten child/mistress. Head gasket at the rear of the engine block has begun to leak oil so looking at taking it to a shop for a top end refresh or tossing up tearing it down myself for the experience, but needs sorting because i believed it to be my rear main seal. Got that replaced and a week later there was oil coating over my gearbox and undercarriage again so with more looking found the oil at the back of the head, at and below the gasket level but not above.

Havent done any actual mods that i can think of in the last 12 months... lots on the buggy though so maybe it will get its own thread when i get spare time to upload all the pictures and try and remember the processes involved with the work we done to it.

Back