Christmas Sunrise

clivehorridge

Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
05:10 it started...

Mucho Santa excitement ...

Now it's 07:20 and I'm ready for bed... again!

A very grainy iPhone sunrise...

IMG_8926.JPG

When we were lads its was our new years rule that we must continue drinking to see the sunrise , of those that were always still going in the morning i'm the only one left and so after a sleepless night i will wait for the sun and crack open a beer .

Apologies its a melancholy time of year for most i guess .

When we were lads its was our new years rule that we must continue drinking to see the sunrise , of those that were always still going in the morning i'm the only one left and so after a sleepless night i will wait for the sun and crack open a beer .

Apologies its a melancholy time of year for most i guess .

It used to be for me too Shayne, but Ana's changed all that!

She's so good, she woke at 5 and went down stairs, saw the presents around the tree and came back up to bed.

"Santas been" she whispered to me "and I don't know what to do". Her friend Alex is spending Christmas with us and his mum. I said "go and wake Alex and open some presents" but she was afraid that his mum would be upset, to be woken so early.

I soon had everyone up:lol:

That's what its all about mate , i will do my brooding while Helen sleeps then spend all morning being chased out of the kitchen for stealing food before bedlam arrives in the form of grandkids who in truth are better behaved than their parents . It will be fun - failure is not an option :lol:

Well I'm relaxing listening to Kean's Under the Iron Sea on my MegaBoom courtesy of Santa, this morning!

IMG_8936.JPG

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Merry Christmas Clive and everyone else, sorry, I've picked your thread rather than start another. Santa arrived today. Knock on the door and he was dressed as the little old lady downstairs ( must be a weekend thing) and gave me a parcel
IMG_7027.JPG
Now I know I ordered stuff but wasn't expecting a Christmas delivery.
IMG_7028.JPG
Woo!

Merry Christmas Clive and everyone else, sorry, I've picked your thread rather than start another. Santa arrived today. Knock on the door and he was dressed as the little old lady downstairs ( must be a weekend thing) and gave me a parcel
View attachment 110942
Now I know I ordered stuff but wasn't expecting a Christmas delivery.
View attachment 110943
Woo!

The thread's a free-for-all Nick, but what you ordering bacon and egg sarnies from eBay for?

And the CTeK?

There's two of them?

Ah I know, damn, but you've spoilt the surprise Nick, but it's very thoughtful of you mate...

Last edited:
I thought I'd be healthier this year and not have chocolate for breakfast :)
One is a d250s dual and one is the smart pass. It was cheaper to buy the two together. I'll be amazed if mr battery megastore do their next day delivery on the three batteries I ordered yesterday though!

Wow, Santa's been kind to you this year Nick!

Will you be wiring these up yourself?

I hate lectriks cos I don't know the circuits but I don't mind the wiring bits and assembly...

Well the batteries may be out of next months pay but I figured I could do it all next week when I'm off. 2 new for the front and a yellow thing for the back. Chris has been rather helpful so hopefully I won't frazzle anything. Just need to figure out where to hide it all

Looking good there Nick. It'll all be straightforward, just make sure you use the correct size cables and protect them well and you should be fine.

Your tale of Ana and your awakening is quite magical Clive. My parents were older and no such thing would have been tolerated, much less encouraged. If I'd had kids, I think I would have done the same as you.
What a wonderful start to Christmas Day.

IMG_0259.JPG
Well, the log burner is burning well,
Got Nat King Cole's Ultimate Collection on the CD player and all is good in this part of the world. Got some nice prezzies from Lynn including Nat, a Ward Thomas CD and these… :icon-biggrin:
IMG_0260.JPG

I shall enjoy today. :)

Looking good so far lads. Got a Landcruiser mug. It's awesome. Will upload later.

…Landcruiser mug.…
Well done Chris. I hope that translates to someone with a low mileage, garaged from new, 24 valve 80 with about 80,000 miles on it in blue that he wants to sell for £2000. :)

If not, something in China. :)

Well it was more than £2000 but it has half that mileage Rich. But the rest was spot on. And only two owners.

Crispin, you are not alone in having your little one opening presents at 5 in the morning...
Our youngest was opening his at 5 this morning. And he's 32! and had just arrived home from a party.
Luckily, his home is 2000 miles from ours so we were not disturbed.

Your tale of Ana and your awakening is quite magical Clive. My parents were older and no such thing would have been tolerated, much less encouraged. If I'd had kids, I think I would have done the same as you.
What a wonderful start to Christmas Day.

When i was a kid, for my brother, sister and I, it was a tight regime, we did as we were told and we spoke when we were spoken to...

except on Christmas day.

That was ours.

Father Christmas would visit magically (as he does) and from the moment we awoke, which was often three o'clock, the day was ours to play with our new toys (often one toy each) but with three of us they were always communal games.

We also had the sock we put out filled with tangerines, nuts and some chocolates.... sometimes with small toys too so we always had to empty them out just in case.

Ana might be spoiled rotten, I'm sure my father would have thought so if he'd been alive to meet her. But, she's a good girl and as an only child her only "want" is companionship. She realises a brother or sister is off the cards now, so we try to make up by inviting her friends to stay which seems to work quite well.

Hence my attitude.

I can't imagine anything much worse for a kid than to be surrounded by adults all the time, being told what to do and to be sensible. Especially Ana with an ageing father, not like the other kids in school with their 40 odd year old dads.

We do just OK between us IMO. :icon-wink:

Last edited:
Back